sleeping arrangements

El1en

Reaction score
Good morning ladies

I hope you've had a good sleep, I know I haven't haha

My LG is 16months old and has always been a bad sleeper. I used to post about it quite a bit.

Anyway for the last few months her cot has been in our room. She goes down no bother at 7/730 and sleeps until 1130ish, then she wakes and will not settle without milk. Theres a lot of her try. ing to climb into my bed and after a fight she will eventually go back down in her cot. She then wakes again and again desperate to be in bed with me. I usually cave at 3 or 4 and bring her in where she sleeps until 630. She does often have milk at 3/4 but I think this is just a bad habit we can't get out of.

Anyway..My main point... her cot is a cot, quite old fashioned and no option of taking off sides. I've been wondering where to go from here. I had a beautiful day bed when I was young which she will have but it would be too high atm. I'm thinking of ordering the single mattress for it and for now just trying the mattress on her bedroom floor for a couple of years. This way I can come in and give her a cuddle and nip out when she settles without disturbing oh. Does anyone know any reasons why it's not suitable to put a single mattress in the floor for her?

My LG is 18 months and we've moved her from a cot to a double bed. Her double is very low to the ground, against 1 wall with a bed rail the other- but to be honest she only gets out in the mornings! We started off with the mattress on the floor to get her used to it, think she rolled out once or twice, she was abit unsettled the first couple of nights but now she's fine- goes straight to her bed at bedtime and I don't see her until 7am when she knocks on her bedroom door!

There are no reasons as such I don't think, other than how comfortable she would find it. How confident is she on her feet/climbing? Ikea do a bed and mattress for something like £50 (if that), which I think might be a better solution until she's ready to go into the higher bed? Having said that, if she's a confident climber I would just put her in the bed. We are having a similar problem with our 13 month old, normally I wouldn't want to move him this early but he's a fidget and just doesn't have the space to he's going into a bed with a side on so he can't roll out!

Thanks for the replies. I really don't want to buy anything else. We have the day bed and a double bed which she'll get one day when we have another little one ready to use the day bed but I just don't have the storage space to buy anything else. We've already got a Moses basket, crib and cot. I think I'll give it a go with the single mattress. She loves sleeping on my bed whether I'm in it or not

It's worth a try! People the world over sleep on mats on the floor so I can't see it'll do her any harm. She's old enough to have good movement and control over her body so should be ok :)

Ellen I really feel for you! my 15 mo usually stays asleep until at least 5'am but was up crying for two hours last night and I got zero sleep :( even going into work late as I felt ill with exhaustion! Really hope you find a solution that works for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back