Sleep?

pinkymum

Reaction score
Is anyone else finding it hard to sleep?
I'm waking at about 2am most nights and not getting back to sleep till about 5am. I know I'll be up at all hours with a new baby but it would be nice to get some rest in the last few weeks before she arrives. On the plus side I've managed to get my online asda shop done :)

Lol not resorted to online shopping just yet but yeah def am unable to sleep anymore boohoo! Once I'm awake I'm weeing, heartburning & struggling to get comfy which all make sleep impossible :( hope the sandman comes for u soon Pinky x

I'm not too bad apart from having to wake up every 2 hours for a wee. The other day I was wide awake at 4 and thought I wasn't going to go back to sleep. xx

All through this pregnancy I've not slept very well. Then the last week I've slept like a log! I'm so tired I fall to sleep
In the chair if I'm just chilling.

Have you tried spraying some lavender on your pillow, usually works for me.

yep was exactly the same last night.. awake at 2am couldn't get back off til about 4:30... was getting some tightenings last night and got excited thinking it was start of things but no such luck!

Morning Ladies,

I had a very poor sleep pattern until lately and even though I am up to the loo about 4 or 5 times, I sleep heavily in between. Have even went to bed during the day twice in the last week which is unheard of for me!

You know what the 2 sayings are that should keep us all going?
"sleep is for wimps!" & "you can sleep when you're dead!"
I can remember feeling tired before Joseph was born, but truly didn't get the meaning until he arrived. Days are blurred, you're mind is shot & you feel like you're on a different planet - but somehow the love you feel for this little person keeps you ticking over.
It's awful being tired, but it does get better (honest). Stick with it girls x

Sunnyb xxx

I'm the same also, every morning I go to work and for the first half of the day struggle to stay awake. I always say to myself I'm going ot have an early night tonight but never do. Don't seem to be able to drop of to sleep until well after 12. Then I'm up again for the toliet at some point or have some nutty dream that wakes me up!. Then my other half comes home and wakes me up the back of 6. :(. I'm sooo tired. cant wait for the baby to get here so I can have afternoon naps with it.. lol.

Morning Ladies,

I had a very poor sleep pattern until lately and even though I am up to the loo about 4 or 5 times, I sleep heavily in between. Have even went to bed during the day twice in the last week which is unheard of for me!

I actually sleep better in the afternoon then at night time. I love afternoon kips:nap:

I feel for you Pinky! My sleep is completely shot - I can't wait until I finish work so that I can go to sleep in the afternoon if I need it.

I see no shame in doing this! Trust me when you have the baby you will sleep when the baby sleeps so there is no harm in afternoon napping early :p xx

I feel more for you ladies who are still working at least I can nap during the day if I want/need to. I was never a great sleeper anyway I'm hoping that will help with night feeds but I think my whole world is going to be turned upside down when she arrives...... can you tell I'm getting a bit scared? :lol:

nothing to be scared about your world does get turned upside down but in a good way :)

I am the opposite! I cannot get enough sleep. Your gonna be a great mammy hun...not long now :D xxx

I'm sleeping fine at the mo :D Up a couple of times for loo trips, but I barely wake up, and snuggle straight back into my bed and asleep afterwards.
Nice change from weeks 14-28 when I barely slept at all! Think it was the progesterone pessaries I was on as I think I read somewhere that it's progesterone excess that can cause restless legs.. and mine were really restless! Slept in the spare room for about a month so poor Hubby could get some kip as he works and I don't.
7 weeks to go til my sleep patterns are ruined again :D Can't wait! xx

I keep waking up hungry! I get up, pee, heartburn medicine, something to eat then back to bed after a little bit of telly to make me feel sleepy again! I hope you get some better rest soon hun xx

My sleep has been horrendous for weeks but the past two night I've managed to get to sleep quite easily which isn't like me at all. I think its the infection I have has just made me exhausted. Give it a few nights and ill be back to not sleeping lol xx

Morning Ladies,

Im the same little rose! Up until recently id be up and about for hours in the middle of the night but this last week ive slept soooo well, i dont know whats changed! x

actually thinking about it ive been a lot more active the last week - oive been out walking and stuff every day maybe thats what has helped x

I seem to wake up at 12, 3 and 5 every night! And when I get back into bed it takes a while to fall back asleep! Doesn't help that I was told yesterday that they might induce early so thats got me worrying and sleeping less! xx

I'm not too bad apart from having to wake up every 2 hours for a wee. The other day I was wide awake at 4 and thought I wasn't going to go back to sleep. xx

I could've written that myself!!! :lol: I also get bad hips if I don't sleep with a cushion between my knees! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back