Sleep regression?

J_Anne

Reaction score
I posted a while back about my daughter who has always been a brilliant sleeper, waking again in the night. This has now just about passed but we have a new problem! She's now 17 weeks old and for over a week she just will not settle at bedtime. She's had the same routine since about 4 weeks old and is usually asleep by 7.30. Last night she finally went off at 9pm.

Tonight, for example, I fed her straight after her bath, she then has a story and song with daddy, she seemed sleepy but after 5 minutes of being in bed quite happy, all hell broke loose! She has a dummy but spits that out, she continues to cry if I cuddle her, the only thing that will stop her is if I feed her again, only 15 mins after she's drained both breasts. She then falls asleep on me and I have to wait until she's in a deep sleep before putting her down.

Is this just a phase? Should I just feed her to sleep? I don't want her to get into bad habits...? I know she's in the middle of a leap, she's changing and learning so much which is amazing! I just don't know if I'm doing the right thing in the long term?

Thank you in advance for any advice!!x

I dread leap time in our household, all hell breaks loose when it comes to bedtime! I don't think you'll get her in bad habits, just do what you've gotta do to get her to sleep. It'll soon pass hun! Ethan's just gone through his 7th leap (he's 10 months) and found myself rocking/feeding him to sleep for a couple of hours each night. Thankfully, the leap is over and he's back to going to sleep without a peep and staying asleep for 12 hours..
Hope it passes for you soon xxxx

We are going through the exact same. The heat is not helping. Just got to ride it out I think xx

tapatalking

They do seem to go through stages and I think your LO is still too young to be getting into bad habits. Just keep trying to put her to sleep on her own and eventually she will get there. Does she nap on her own in the day? I found that a good place to start getting Harry to go to sleep on his own. You could even try settling her in a vibrating chair as at least that's not on you... Hope this awkward phase passes soon xxx

To be honest, her naps will just take place where ever we are at the time, I'm starting to wonder if that's adding to the problem. If we're at home I will settle her to sleepy stage and put her down and she's usually ok if my timing is right. If we're out she sleeps in the car or pram so there's obviously the movement to help. She seems to have a very short window of opportunity to get to sleep and if I miss that then she's past it. Her cues are barely noticeable too! She doesn't make it easy! She can be tricky at her last nap of the day actually, I usually have to take her out in the pram.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back