Sleep regression?

rheannymac

Reaction score
The past week or so Harry's sleeping has been horrendous! He's waking pretty much every hour, sometimes it's just a case of flipping him back onto his back and popping a dummy back in but there's been a few nights where it's taking a good 15/20 minutes to get him to settle again then he's up within the hour again. As a result he's napping more, for a good hour & a half in the morning then another half hour/45 mins in the afternoon. Napping that long is pretty much unheard of for Harry. He's NEVER Napped that long so I wonder if its a vicious circle where the longer naps are then making him sleep worse at night?
He's 8 months & 1 week, could this be a sleep regression? Or just like I said cos he's having more naps etc which he's never been a baby that's needed long naps. A day of good naps would've been usually about 3 half hours.
Any advice would be great, I'm SO exhausted it hurts!

Is he teething hun? Cathy is getting her first 2 and won't sleep for love nor money. Hugs hun it's so hard :( xxx

I think he might be. He's been teething on & off since he was 8 weeks an still has none so sometimes it's hard to tell! I just want a decent night sleep lol! Xxx

No advice :( but Amelie is sending sleeping dust :dust:

Yes 8 months is a really popular age for sleeping issues. It's often to do with brain development as they crawling, pulling themselves up, and also starting to learn the language and put things into categories. This over stimulation during the day can cause sleeping problems for a period of time.

He could also be teething!

Thanks so much AndieP, lets just hope it passes soon before I pull my hair out lol! Xxx

Try a dose of calpol before bed and see if that makes any difference. Harry has been waking recently and we gave him calpol last night and he slept much better. I think the teeth are to blame! xxx

100% something happens at the 8/9 month mark! B has never been a massive napper but she now has a good 1 to 2 hours in the morning and another 30/45 mins in the afternoon meaning bedtime has gone later to 9pm!! At night she is moving about so much she gets stuck so wakes, teething pains wake her and she's dreaming a lot and that wakes her!!! So yes this is an unsettled age! Oh B still wakes for a feed too so all in all your not alone!! X

I had this with ruby last week (she's only 14 weeks so could be completely different mind) I put it down to 2 things, one being in a different environment, new house, cot for the first week etc. she also didnt seem to want to settle in between wakes, and seemed fidgety and kind of gripey but not windy so (two) I put it down to a teething pain (yes she's teething already!)

the second night at 5am I gave her calpol and led her on her side wedged in place with blankets rolled up which Definatley helped the fidgetyness and I think helped her feel more secure and she was fine

Definitely sth happens at around this age.
Amelie have always been an amazing sleeper but this last week she keeps waking, not crying or anything so I don't have to get up as she settles herself but her sleep is so restless.
I hope he starts sleeping better xxx
I heard that by 10 m it usually everything goes back to normal only for it to happen 2 m later again...

Definitely think teething pain has something to do with it. He woke at 11.30pm last night absolutely screaming inconsolably. Gave him a dose of calpol and he slept soundly for 4 hours till he woke crying again! Still not great but at least it's an improvement. Just hope these teeth come through soon! He started teething at about 8 weeks and still has no teeth at 8 & a half months! Xxx

Same here Rheannymac. Harry has been dribbling like mad for most of his life and still no sign of teeth! Just wish they'd come and get it over with! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back