Sleep regression. When is it?

Lynds77

Reaction score
Freya is waking up nearly every hour again crying. She comes up on her knees or sits up but doesnt actually seem awake?

she only started sleeping through the night last month so I feel a bit cheated that she is now getting me up several times a night again!

she has just cut 4 top teeth, but last night I gave her nurofen and put her to bed wearing 2 teething anklets, but it made no difference.

even giving her her dummy doesnt calm her down initially like it used to. Have to pick her up and soothe her.

dont think its heat either as room is 22 degrees which it has been most nights for ages

so only thing I can think of is sleep regression? does this sound like it and does it happen at 9mnths? and how long does it last? :wall2:

Nothing seems to affect Harry's sleep he's a lazy little thing but sleep regression does happen at 4 and 9 months, hope you get your sleep back soon Hun you have waited long enough by the sound of it! X

I feel your pain...I can count on one hand the amount of times Archie has slept through in 9 1/2 mnths...and I'm back at work now grrrr...although he ain't waking every hour...perhaps its a combination of heat, teeth etc...hope it gets better :) xx

Its cruel isnt it! Here was us thinking that Freya and Archie had finally learnt to sleep through and we get hit with this! I suppose I can be thankful I am still on maternity leave x

You know my lazy daisy has always slept through-well since the 27th june (I remember as it was ny mums birthday) she has taken to doing the exact same as Freya. Its odd. She cried earlier as if she was awake but I sat and watched and she was sound asleep. We have 22degrees on the monitor and also teeth cut. But im pretty sure this is sleep regression. DG doesn't so much waken in the night but betqeen 8pm and say 11 shes restless. Some nights she doesnt makw a peep but others shes wanting to lie on mummy and no sooner have I put her into her cot is she awake again. But yeah, I heard of the 9mth sleep regression. Xx

tapatalking

She had us up at 3.20, 4.10 and then up for the day at 5.30

5.30 has been her up time 3 days in a row now. I am going to try sleeping in her room tonight. See if having me close will help

I need sleep!! Wee monkey is sleeping now which is typical as we need to get ready for swimming class!

Ok so I may sound dumb (And sorry for jumping on your post!!) But what is 'Sleep Regression' ?? xx

Its a stage where their sleep gets really bad and they kinda regress back to newborns getting up several time through the night and being difficult to settle

Its apparently due to a realisation that mummy and daddy could go away and separation anxiety. I am not sure about that theory, during day Freya is fine with anyone!

Its a stage where their sleep gets really bad and they kinda regress back to newborns getting up several time through the night and being difficult to settle

Its apparently due to a realisation that mummy and daddy could go away and separation anxiety. I am not sure about that theory, during day Freya is fine with anyone!

Yeah see thats my thinking too. DG will go to anyone and nap fine. But put her in her cot and all hell breaks loose.
Xx
tapatalking

According to wonder weeks, I think she's mid leap hun.. We had major problems with Ethan from 9 months until about a week ago (he's now 10m 1w). He was a nightmare to get settled, then would wake several times in the night crying and nothing would soothe him. I don't think it was teething as usually ashton and parsons and nurofen works, but it didn't then. I ended up spending the whole night rocking him back to sleep in my arms.

He's now back to sleeping 7-7 thank god! But that month was hard getting no sleep at all..

Hope she starts sleeping well again soon xxx

OMG you poor things :( I hope Harry doesn't experience this. He's been a bit rubbish recently with the heat and possibly teething but think I would be tearing my hair out if he started not sleeping majorly at 9 months. Hope it doesn't last too long for you guys xxx

Woo hoo got a lie in! The poppet went down at 7.30 and not a peep out of her (which was unusual) until 2.20 when she woke up and wanted to play. I layed her back down and she slept solid till 8.30!!! Amazing

Her room was 24 degrees, she had long sleeve sleepsuit on and a 1 tog bag. I think my girl likes to be cosy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back