Sleep problems! Help

kellie80

Reaction score
Nathan has always been a really good sleeper from day 1. He does sometimes wake in the night but always gets himself back off to sleep without crying. This last 2-3 weeks have been a nightmare with him. He has started waking up about 11ish and just crying. The 1st couple of times I gave him a bottle and kept him up a bit and hes gone back of again but its been every night lately and I didn't want him getting used to getting up in the night. I left him to cry on Tuesday night and he winged for 2 hours , I was going into him every 10 minutes or so be it just seemed to make him worse. He slept through last night but tonight I put him up at 7.15 and 40 minutes later he was crying again. It took about 90 minutes to get him back to sleep again. I just don't know what's up with him! I've tried giving him supper, calpol, more milk, nothing seems to help. Is it just an age thing or what? He is teething and getting over a cold but nothing has ever affected his sleep before, even chicken pox and he doesn't have a dummy so I just don't know what to do with him. Help!

That sounds like one of many sleep issues Isaac's had before, I know how frustrating and upset it got me at times, I do hope Nathan is sleeping better now, for both your sake's :hug: :hug: :hug:

LO's are so different its hard to offer any suggestions, but sometimes with Isaac its too quiet for him, can you leave on a TV or radio near him, on low? Could it be his temperature? If he's had a cold he may be hotter than usual, put something in with him you've worn that day, always helps to some level does the smell of Mummy :)

Isaac also only just started taking a dummy at 6months old and I have to say it has been amazing the nights when he's taken it after not settling, so I would also say try a dummy every other day, you never know, that's if you want to that is :hug: I always said I'd not like Isaac having a dummy, what I forgot was that what works for him is what matters, not what I would like hehe
Very best wishes kellie80, sleep problems are the worst of all I think :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well hes back to sleeping through again so fingers crossed he keeps it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back