Sleep Paralysis

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hi...

I have had this twice while not pregnant, but my mother had it only when she was pregnant, and I wondered if anyone else had.

You wake up and are aware, but you can't move a muscle, even though you know you are awake. It's pretty frightening and can be accompanied by hallucinations as well. In fact, some people have a theory that all those who believe they were abducted by aliens have actually been suffering from sleep paralysis instead!

Anyway - if you have experienced this, it's a common phenomenon experienced by at least 40% of people at some point in their lives. The fact that my Mom only experienced it while pregnant made me want to ask you guys.

If I freaked you out, I'm sorry!

Sue

Hello

Well ive never had it but my dad has it alot, and a few of my aunts have had it. So its quite a normal topic in my family. I hope i dotn experience this though as it would totally freak me out.
Katrina

I used to get this when I was on some medication, I soon stopped taking it, it's horrible!!

i watched a show on tv last week bout it! looked scary

Hi Sue,
I get it fairly frequently. Strangely it's normally when I've had too much sleep. It's horrible and every time it happens I'm convinced I'm going to die. My heart races and everything. It's such a relief when I wake up.
Do you know why it happens?
Should we be concerned?!
Lucyx

Hey Lucybee,

I don't think there's any need to be concerned - some people say that it's a symptom of post traumatic stress, but people with normal stress free lives get it as well. So I dunno - but anything I've ever read about it says it's not dangerous. Unpleasant and frightening, but not dangerous.

And you are NOT being abducted by little green men! :lol:

Hope you don't suffer from it for long hun...

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back