sleep issues - asthma/eczema - salt lamps

Shepherdess

Reaction score
Hello everyone

My little girl is nearly 19 months, she's never been a good sleeper. Atm she'll go down no bother at 630. /7. She'll sleep fine until 1130ish when she does this crying in her sleep thing. Not a proper cry but if i try to ignore her she will eventually wake up crying. All I need to do is go in pat her tummy and put her dummy in and she goes back off. She then sleep until 130ish when the same thing happens again and then every hour after that. Through tiredness at 5ish I bring her into my bed with some milk

Now, her dad has asthma and eczema. Hes a nightmare at night, at times, he gets so itchy and he needs to use his inhalers. I've recently order his a salt lamp as I've read good things that they help asthmatics at night time.

I've been wondering if my lo is going through the same thing at night time. Has anyone tried a salt lamp in their toddler's room? My lo was given an inhaler but I'm not sure how much difference it's making. I try to open her window for a bit in the morning but it gets cold quickly atm

She has eczema to and I've been using a bath lotion and moisturiser from the Drs but I'm planning to explore different moisturizers as her legs are getting worse

Anyone have any suggestions? Or have any idea what the crying is about?

Last edited:
I would recommend salt lamps even as just a general use. I don't know how they work for eczema but they're good for getting rid of crap in their air so may be helpful. I don't know about any of the others I'm afraid :(

Thanks, I'm not expecting it to help the eczema itself but with my oh the thinking is if his asthma improves and he's getting better quality sleep he won't scratch as much

Poor thing. And poor you! You must be shattered. What creams are you using? My son got prescribed diprobase back in the day and that seemed to help with his skin.

Last edited:
We use an oilatum bath soak and the cream is dermol. I've tried coconut oil to but that didn't work need to revisit the gp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back