Skiing/ flying

Rubyredslipper

Reaction score
Has anyone been during early pregnancy? Or flying with morning sickness?
We booked to go ages before we found out and I'm going to be about 9 weeks by then.
My Dr says it's fine and I can do anything I would normally do for now.
I'm a competent but cautious skier anyway, obviously I'm going to take it easy and play it by ear each day.
I'm worrying so much about sickness on the plane and the coach transfer!!

If your dr has given you the go ahead I'd enjoy it while you can! How long is the flight? X

I wouldn't think twice about flying at any point up to my third tri. I wouldn't even think about skiing because of the falls risk, but then again I look like bam I on ice whenever I try to snowplow lol

Mind you I fell down on my stomach at 30 weeks last time and baby was totally fine (once the paramedics had peeled me off the ice that is)!

It's about 3 hour flight and a 3 1/2 hour transfer.
It's Suddenly feeling like I'm going to throw up and being nowhere near a toilet that's worrying me!
Had I known I wouldn't have booked but I can't cancel it. I'm not going to go out on foggy days and only stick to easier quieter slopes. I'll take some books aswell!!

At that early stage baby is very well protected. It would be virtually impossible to harm the baby by a fall, your biggest risk is being hit by another fast moving skier. If you are hit hard enough to damage the baby to be honest I think you will be in a very bad way yourself. I looked into this a lot as with my last pregnancy I would have been 19 weeks for our ski holiday. I mcd so in the end it wasn't an issue but there was a huge amount of conflicting information about and the bottom line seemed to be if you are happy go for it, if not then don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back