Size of my tummy

Tillytots

Reaction score
Well Ive just spent the afternoon shopping with my Mum - I know I was supposed to be resting but I needed fresh air as I was getting cabin fever. So anyway, EVERY shop I went in someone would comment on my tummy. "Oooo look at you all blooming" "When is it due?" "How long have you got left?" When I replied Im due in May or I have 5 months to go yet their faces :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Im not really too sure how this makes me feel. I LOVE my bump, I know its huge and I probably will be massive which is perfectly fine and exciting but it slightly irritated me how some people looked at me like there was something wrong with me. Some people were nice and said things like "arr bless you" but others were horrified. Those people should talk to the hand cos the bump aint listening! :talkhand:

aww you poor thing hun
some people are quite mean no matter when you would be due :(
manda xx

I had the opposite problem in my last pregnancy, everyone was always commenting on how small my bump was. Made me feel like there was something wrong with me. Think I'm gonna be small this time too.
I think it's all down to how your body carries them rather than the size of the baby.
I wish people would keep their comments to themselves :x

it's equally annoying for me when they don't think I am pregnant :shock:

I think someone mentioned the other day - when you're not pregnant no stranger would dare comment on the size of your tummy regardless of its shape or size but somehow when you're pregnant its as if it becomes under public scrutiny and poeple feel they have a right to gob off their opinions. Obviosuly everyone on here has that right because we're all in the same boat :hug:

People have started touching it too, this is something I thought Id be ok with but NO. Step away from the bump!!!!!!! :evil: If its my Mum, family or friends its cool but any random stroking my tummy is not cricket :x

Cor Im having a right old gripe today :rotfl:

i dont like no1 rubbing my belly unless its my boyfriend lol and hes not even the father haha... i got a thing about people touching me my mum trys to rub my belly all the time im like what you doing mate loooooooool

Aww have some :hug: :hug: :hug: Tillytots.

People are so chuffin' pass remarkable about pregnant women. Fortunately I haven't had any comments yet but plenty of people have touched or stroked my bump which I find really weird, I would never dream of doing it to anyone pregnant or not.

Next time someone makes a comment tell them to mind their own chuffin' business :x

I suppose it will be the same when the baby is born to! I was just in tescos and looking in the baby isle and next to us was a woman with a young baby just trying to get on with her shopping and at least 2 people went over to play with the baby and have a chat lol must be nice but when ure trying to shop how annoying would that be!! lol

When James was little it used to drive me nuts when little old ladies would come over, stick their head in his pushchair and start stroking his cheek.
I used to feel like running them over :lol:

We had an incident a few weeks ago where an old lady dribbled on him. He was horrified! :shock:

i understand how you feel.

over 40 weeks i think you get more and more irratble to things like this too.

I particuly remember being in subway getting a sandwitch one day when the women serving me started giving me a lecture on how i shouldnt be having mayonase. (it was packaged stuff that IS fine) I nearly burst into tears. (i was about 32wks i think) I couldnt be bothered explaining that i CAN have this, and i was so bloody angery that people just feel the need to tell pregnant women 'do this, dont do that' who gives ANYBODY the right to tell you what to do! pregnant woment seem to get the blunt of this, as well as anybody feels they have the right to touch your bump too.

grrrs.

im the same as u tillytots, people have been commentin things about my bump size since i was 13 weeks and it has been big but i am now nearly 27 weeks and it has slowed down alot, i look normal now, infact i have a nice womanly shape and a big bump, u cnt tell im pregnant from the bak :D
dont worry it will slow down.....shud do anyway hahaha xx

Bless you! Don't worry about it- a friend of mine was huge right from being 8 weeks but then she just slowed down and was no bigger than any of the other pregnant mums by the end! Also- from your pictures, you are quite tiny anyway so a bump will show on you more than on someone bigger. Have some hugs xxx :hug: :hug: :hug:

For all you ladies who don't want there bumps touched get this top :lol:

http://www.nappyhead.co.uk/acatalog/don ... ebump.html

I have to admit i didn't get alot of people touching my bump but from 30 weeks onwards i was asked everyday when the baby was due!? and when i said she's not due til 7th september they seemed shocked... but i liked the attention :lol: :oops:

Tilly, I know exactly what you mean.

The kids at school keep touching Maurice :evil: they need to STAY AWAY or FACE THE WRATH!

Nic'n'Keeley said:
For all you ladies who don't want there bumps touched get this top :lol:

http://www.nappyhead.co.uk/acatalog/don ... ebump.html

I have to admit i didn't get alot of people touching my bump but from 30 weeks onwards i was asked everyday when the baby was due!? and when i said she's not due til 7th september they seemed shocked... but i liked the attention :lol: :oops:

That top is brilliant!

thanks everyone :hug: glad you know how I feel. I wasnt sure if I was just being a tetchy moo-bag :D

xx

hey Sar,
u should try working at my place...a day is an unusual one if about 15 kids haven't rubbed my tummy or told me i have a 'big belly' or that i'm 'bigger than yesterday'..... working with 10/11 year olds does nothing for the ego!!! :D :D :lol:

Hello
I keep getting everyone saying my bump is too small and must be a girl, i think it is big for my build but now im getting paranoid it is not big enough, my boss has a one like yours and is showing off in gorgous tops and mine just looks like I've got a pot belly and gained weight
be proud, sod everyone else, yours is lovely
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back