Sitting up head control

Jazz

Reaction score
When do babys tend to sit up have full head control? Layla was 5 weeks prem and is almost 7mths every one inc doctors are surprised she doesn't have full head control or is trying to sit up thank you

Around 5-6 months I think, she might be a little slower though being prem, Kynon was born at 36 + 0 although i think he was nearer 35 weeks by my dates, and I've noticed he's a little slower with some stuff too, think it takes them a while to catch up even if they are just a few weeks prem. If your HV doesn't think there is a problem then try not to worry, I sometimes forget Kynon should be at the 12 week development stage and not 16 week!

Health visitor sent us to doctor who's sending her for some tests x

That's good they are getting her checked out, fx she's just taking her time. It's hard when they are a little bit prem as your never so sure when to expect them to do developmental things. Is she developing with other things at her adjusted age ok?

She's not doing a few things she should she is starting to smile morse now its a real effort to get her to things like that, doctor wants to find out why she always has runny time and projectile sick thought it was just reflux but not 100% now x

Ah poor thing, hope you get some answers soon, keep us posted how she gets on x

Owen has good head control and is trying to sit himself up but doing stomach crunches instead lol!! He will have a 6 pack soon! But he can't sit up unaided yet or pull himself into a sitting position either and he I 6 1/2 months x

Thank you Constantstar be helpful if she had 100% head control I no it will come in time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back