Sitting straight

Layla

Reaction score
Do any of you find that you have to sit up really striaght now?

if i slouch or bend down to pick something up, i feel Cobys head just inbetween my rib cage and it cuts off the breath a bit if i dont striaghten up quick.

I know he is breech at the mo, but has anyone else got the same with there babys bums? lol

i really cant remember this on my other two, so it couldnt have been like this, otherwise im sure i would have remembered

I feel like if i dont sit up striaght i am crushing his head and he will get a headache or something lol, silly huh?!

xx

I do have this problem when I slouch. Although my little ones head is so far down my bloody pelvis half the time it isnt a problem if im just sitting normally. I do try and sit up straight now anyway as I get a very sore back otherwise and it upsets my SPD when I slouch. That and rib pain. Not sure which i prefer - waddling like I'm gonna drop or not being able to breathe right :?

I'm experiencing this pain as I type, it's awful, it feels like there's something stuck between my ribs. I get so breathless it's unreal, and really uncomfortable :(

mines not painful, its more uncomfy

I think the worse are his feet, coz hes breech im getting kicks and wriggles very low down, sometimes it feels like his foot is going to come out! :oops: lol

He he I hope not!! Mine is actually painful but that might be because I'm really short (5'2") so it's pressing on me more...

I was just thinking that as I sat down to type. It's a very uncomfortable feeling - a bit like being winded.

Hey girls...
I'm definitely feeling that, I was just thinking as I sat down to type that my posture is going to have to improve big time because unless I'm lying back I have to sit bolt upright, or baby struggles and kicks up a storm. And sitting bolt upright is hard on my back!
PLUS getting shoes, socks or underwear on is a pain, as is shaving my legs. I think I'm going to be getting OH to do all my bending for me in the next while...and also wearing slip on shoes!

Sue

Yes totally! In fact the only way I can get comfy is by raising my bottom up so that my hips are higher than my knees. I've been carrying a wedge foam cushion around for weeks now but this last week it's got even more extreme. I'm only 5ft so this very probably doesn't help! I had an appointment with my midwife today though and she said that my baby is 4/5 engaged now which means very slightly I think- anyone? The bump doesn't look any further down I have to say and I'm still out of breath walking up more than three steps!

I also combine sitting with my back straight with my having my legs far apart by the way- so so ladylike! So glad I''m not at work anymore!

+++

Layla
i know how you feel, its so uncomfortable, though i have no idea which way shes is facing, But my back aches all the time and havent had the money to go to the chiropractor so if i dont sit up straight then i have to lay down and rest it for a bit.
katrina

Rosebay said:
I had an appointment with my midwife today though and she said that my baby is 4/5 engaged now which means very slightly I think- anyone?

Hi Rosebay, it depends on your midwife. Did she write on your notes 4/5 engaged? As that means slightly yes. But if she said head is 4/5 engaged and wrote down 1/5 then usually it means 1/5 is felt above the pubic bone.
Is this your first baby?

Have I confused you now? PM me if you want me to explain more. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back