Sister names for Ella

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by Hope123, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Hope123

Hope123 Active Member

We have an Ella Grace and have just found out we are having another girl. We had a short list of boys names but none for a girl as it took us a while to agree on Ella.

We quite like Ava and Mia.

I also like Alice or Elise for a middle name.

Any opinions or suggestions please :) x

2. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

Evie
    Lola

Also love Mia and Ava x

Hope123 likes this.
  3. night owl

night owl Well-Known Member

I wanted to call my little one Minnie but partner said no!
    Ava is nice but very popular now, Mia, Alice and Elise are also lovely and not overly popular
    Also like Nancy, Mavis, Mabel, Harriet, Layla, violet, Darcy, ivy, Anna, and Clara

Hope123 likes this.
  4. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

Ava is a beautiful name!
    I had Dahlia, Lara, Thalia and Livia on my list.
    There is this app called kinder and it's like tinder but with baby names. You can connect with your partner and match with names.x

Hope123 likes this.
  5. Hope123

Hope123 Active Member

Love Lola @chattychar1990 .. I do like Evie as well but not sure if its very close to Ella.

@night owl that's the only thing that's putting me off is how popular Ava is, but I still love it. Some lovely name suggestions but friends or family have already taken some of them lol.

@Kitana wow, I have never heard of this app. Thank you.. I will take a look.

X x X

6. EskimoGem

EskimoGem Well-Known Member

I second using the Kinder app, it’s a great way of pulling a list together of names both you and your other half like!
    We used it and came up with a list of 5 names we both loved...we’re 99% certain on Mia, but will decide for definite once she’s here!

7. Rose83

Rose83 Well-Known Member

I’m a teacher so for me I’m keen on picking names that aren’t as popular but still pretty. So I personally would avoid Ava as every other child at my daughter’s school seems to be allied Ava or Eva. But I love Alice, it’s a pretty name that isn’t as well used now but still has the same short qualities that Ava etc have. Alice May is cute x

8. SockVortex

SockVortex Well-Known Member

It’s 24th at the moment so still very popular! There were 1827 Alice’s born last year in England and Wales.