"sister in law"!!

july94

Reaction score
Me & my sister in-law are the same age, 2 days different between us. I am 18 weeks pregnant, she was the first person me and my partner told, we didn't get a congrats or anything all we got was are you serious. when we was by our selves she said to me, "i was supposed to get pregnant first not you!!" the problem is she has only been with her new "boyfriend" for about 3 months!(baring in mind her parents are traditional & her dad will go mad, & they work but only when they feel like going in& cannot be bothered to find another job!) me and her brother have been together for 5 years in November. She has come off her injection, she keeps acting like she getting cravings and cry's for no reason but makes a big fuss about it for everyone to feel sorry for her, but the funny thing is she still isn't pregnant!! hmm funny that! The other day we went out for a meal as a family but my partner wasn't there and there was a toddler playing and he was really cute, & her "boyfriend" said lets make one! I dunno whether she is being pressured by her boyfriend or it is jealousy. I don't understand why she cant be happy for me and her boyfriend we have been friends for years, & also think about her mum & dad being their first grandchild! Is it jealousy or me having a baby brain & being paranoid. My partner keeps telling me to forget about it, but how can you when it is something like that? My mum says it is because she is not getting the attention anymore! Please can somebody help me, has anyone else had the same problem? - Thanks

It's probably a bit of both, she probably wants a baby badly & this is clouding her being happy for you. I. Sure she's not unhappy for you, but probably jealous. And this of course may take the shine off her pregnancy (when she does get pregnant) as her parents will have already had a grandchild. A first grandchild is special & she now can't give them that. Of course she should be happy for you & you've done nothing wrong but in her eyes the attention will now be on you, & rightly so but I can understand how she feels a little bit. I'm not in your position or her position, but I can imagine how I'd feel if I was. I'm sure she'll come round but be prepared for her to get worse before she gets better! x

Ahh I know that feeling.

My SIL & BIL had my neice after going out for a year. OH & I had been going out for like 6 at the time. I was a bit jealous I felt like it should have been me but only cause I've wanted a baby since 16 but wanted to wait until we had career flat etc.

We then decided last year we would ttc 1. Beth is 3 now so SIL was broody aswell - she had said to me before "I want the first boy" so natrually we didn't tell anyone what we were having because I didn't want it to be a competition.

She then conveniently announced that they were buying a house when J was due?? LOL. When I was pregnant things like this annoyed the hell out of me. But once your LO is here u end up not caring. I couldn't care if she had 7 lol I just wanted my LO and now I have him I'm happy.

Some people (my sil included) are just always jealous and never happy. She's still wanting another baby but now they are in financial difficulty, partly because after only being together 3 year theyv been married got two cars and had a child because theyr basically show offs. OH and I met at 14 still together at 22 with our own jobs, 2 bed flat and our beautiful son, we have been together 8 year and hope to marry in under 3 years. No rush, no pressure. Sil & bil have been together 3 year, one child and bil has an older one. Sil & bil got together whilst bils 1st child was a baby now theyv rushed through everything and r paying for it now because they can't afford anymore as yet.

What I'm saying is let it be.. When ur lo comes you won't care about anything else xxxxx

Me and OH had the same problem too, my OH's sister has 3 children and before I got pregnant with my son she was as nice as pie to me, invited me for xmas dinner and everything and then a few months later i found out i was pregnant and that was it..I was struck off the guest list for being pregnant :\..Me and OH have said that she didn't want me there because everyone would be fussing around me instead of her and her kids so she'd no longer be centre of attention anymore!

I would myself say its jealousy!, but i could be completely wrong :)

I would say it's jealousy and don't take any notice (easier said than done.... I know!!!)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

thank you :) well i do not really see her at the moment, i live in her house but she has stayed at her boyfriends because her boyfriend has upset her brother & my boyfriend!! playground games tbh, it hard to let it going over your head especially being 19 weeks pregnant and the little things just make you cry! but thank you for the comments :)xx

Mine is kind of a different story, but my sister and my cousin are not happy for me what so ever. I know it's jealousy because they aren't getting attention. Try not to worry :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back