SIMS

Freya

Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking about buying this game for myself to play on daughters DS (she will never notice when she is in bed). I have heard a lot about it in terms that people think it is addictive but am not sure what you do on it or anything - anyone fill me in.

Also I have seed SIMS Castaway - I think it is new out for Christmas and it says you have to solve puzzles - is this a better game to have. I am confused :think:

Couldn't tell you what it's like on the DS as I play it on the PC. I've got all the expansions (went to EA headquarters in August to see and play on the new Bon Voyage expansion before it was released). I love that game but have overdone all the customisation you can get to go with it :lol:

I mainly use it to do stories (take sim pics to go with the stories) and that is fun. I also love designing houses in it.

we play it on the PC - my son found the cheat that allows unlimited amounts of money

I spend it all on designing houses :oops:

:lol: those cheats do come in handy. I use them all the time when designing and doing my stories, but if I'm playing for fun, I refuse to use the cheats.

Sims is the greatest game ever!! :cheer:
I have all the expansions pack too hotluck, I'm jealous you went and played Bon Voyage! is it good?? Can you build a hotel and run it as open for business? I'm so excited, getting it for Christmas :cheer:

I'm so sad I have even made dresses and my own islands and imported them from sim city 4. lol :lol:
Be careful though as you can waste so much time playing the game. I have hardly played since having Dan. I got seasons recently and I've only played it once.

***fights urge to play now***

Don't know if you know, but there's also a cheat so you don't have to eat, sleep, wash etc. You just move the blue bar up and down.

Misslarue said:
I have all the expansions pack too hotluck, I'm jealous you went and played Bon Voyage! is it good?? Can you build a hotel and run it as open for business? I'm so excited, getting it for Christmas :cheer:

I'm so sad I have even made dresses and my own islands and imported them from sim city 4. lol :lol:
Be careful though as you can waste so much time playing the game. I have hardly played since having Dan. I got seasons recently and I've only played it once.

Yeah. I'm an admin on a sims site and that's why I went there. Got the expansion free because of it too (they also gave me Seasons while I was there because I hadn't got it :lol: ).

You can build hotels, but you have to do the same as with the uni expansion and change the lot type. I haven't had much chance to play with it as I've been trying to rebuild my sims lots for the story I was doing last year.

I'll get you the link to the sims site if you're interested :)

I used to love this game used to make stories and everything!!

Alot of mixed up familes in my neighbour, gay, byracial families, divorcees finding love, geek to sheek storys god im so sad... lmao

x

i used to be obsessed with this game.
then when i found out sims 2 was coming out, i counted down the days til it did! :oops: :oops: :oops:
i even spent £200 on my old laptop to upgrade it just so the sims 2 would run smoothly on it :oops: :oops: :oops:

I love the SIMS!!!!!!

The new Castaway one looks wicked!

I used to like throwing a party and then taking away the toilets and watching everyone wet themselves.

But then I am very childish :roll:

hotluck said:
Misslarue said:

Yeah. I'm an admin on a sims site and that's why I went there. Got the expansion free because of it too (they also gave me Seasons while I was there because I hadn't got it :lol: ).

You can build hotels, but you have to do the same as with the uni expansion and change the lot type. I haven't had much chance to play with it as I've been trying to rebuild my sims lots for the story I was doing last year.

I'll get you the link to the sims site if you're interested :)

yes please hun :D
I might have been there as I've downloaded over a 1000 objects/lots from different sites :oops: :lol:
Do you mean change the lot as you do when making a dorm?

ohh I'm all excited now! :D

Lou...........you're mean! :rotfl: :wink:

Yep, the same as with a dorm, but it's a different name as part of the command (can't remember what it is off the top of my head).

I'll put the link here for you. (I apologise if this is not allowed, in which case please remove it mods.)

lou said:
I love the SIMS!!!!!!

The new Castaway one looks wicked!

I used to like throwing a party and then taking away the toilets and watching everyone wet themselves.

But then I am very childish :roll:
I have to say I was impressed with Castaway. The producer of Castaway showed us it on the wii when we were there in August. :D

Im not allowed castaway. My OH thinks he will never get his wii back :shakehead:

I know but I'm not going to tell him that!

Cheers for the link, I'm off to join up now :D

OMG I LOVE THE SIMS!

My favourite is sims 2 on the pc as I love the way they age and you can create a whole family with multiple generations :)

I do spend a LOT of time designing houses and people, and love the money cheat hehe

My favourite trick is if I marry someone I get bored with I put them in the pool and then take away the steps so they cant get out and eventually drown lol :twisted: :rotfl:

glitzyglamgirl said:
OMG I LOVE THE SIMS!

My favourite is sims 2 on the pc as I love the way they age and you can create a whole family with multiple generations :)

I do spend a LOT of time designing houses and people, and love the money cheat hehe

My favourite trick is if I marry someone I get bored with I put them in the pool and then take away the steps so they cant get out and eventually drown lol :twisted: :rotfl:

Build a house with a huge fireplace in one room, put lots of furniture near the fire, wack a SIM in there and remove the door.

I used to like making a baby too!

:rotfl: you evil people!

I've got one family where the mother was pregnant with twins, and the father got abducted by aliens and had twins the same day as her. Talk about a nightmare with 4 babies in the house :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back