Signed off work :(

GillM

Reaction score
I feel like a bit of a failure but I've been signed off work today. My job is very active and can be extremely stressful but that in itself I can manage but at the end of the day the sciatic pain/spd is so bad that I'm struggling to care for my son. He's four and has additional support needs so has only just learned to walk and is learning to talk but at the moment he can't get up and down stairs or do any varying levels on ground so I have to lift him lots and help support him to get him around. I'm hoping without work that doing this will be a bit easier as i won't have exerted myself as much during the day but I hate the thought of my employer or work colleagues thinking badly of me so
I'm a bit down about it all :( sorry for the huge miss ladies - hope you're all well xx

Try not to worry about it, you're doing what's right for you and your son xx hope it improves things for you xx

Thanks scn I just keep reminding myself that he comes first xx

I'm sorry for you, it's not nice to have to stop work so soon. Just remember it's best for your body, the baby and your son! I already feel work in combination with a toddler at home, is actually too much at the moment, can't imagine how it is for you! It's the right thing to do for you and i'm sure a good employer and colleagues will understand that!

Last edited:
I think you've done the right thing in getting signed off, hope it helps x

Thanks ladies I just need to get my head round taking it easier xx

Hi Gill hope your feeling better. Try not to worry work is work, your family and your health comes first. Hope your having time to relax xx

Hiya still very sore if i overdo it particularly when it comes to lifting and carrying my four year old but with his needs I just need to get on with it but feel like a massive weight has been lifted worn wise as I only need to get through the day with him and not have to cope with the heavy lifting there as well!! My mum has been great and it's allowing me some time with my feet up which is lovely!! Thanks for asking ladies!! How are you all doing? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back