Sigh

BabyBrain

Reaction score
In my mission to de-clutter the day has come to sort through my books. I've been dreading this and yes I do have too many but I just don't know how to choose what ones to get rid of. There's a book exchange in the next town so at least I don't have the trauma of throwing them away but the danger is I'll come home with more books than I take lol

I qualified as an Egyptologist a few years ago and I've studied it since I first went to the British Museum when I was 5. I'm now 34 so that's a looooong time and some of the books I've collected are very rare and out of print now. The chances of replacing probably 90% are very slim :(. My dad has said he will take some for me but he's just as bad lol, he's a professor of history and their house is full of books too.

I'm going to be heartbroken sorting through them all. I know it will be worth it to make room for Albert's things but it's just so sad :cry: xxxxxxxxxxx

hey hun i'm a chef and i have got hundreds of cook books and textbooks on various subjects i understand i keep all the major ones i need on a bookcase and the ones i tend to use less in waterproof storage boxes in the bottom of my wardrobe

we had to throw loads of stuff yesterday....i just had to do it without thinking about it really....and focus on why we were doing it...good luck x

Couldn't you put them in boxes and store them somewhere, or maybe sell them on make a bit of cash for Albert? x

oh I would be very reluctant to get rd, could you maybe make one wall of your living room a book shelf and like the girls said put the rest in storage for now?

be such a shame to get rid of them even if is to a book exchange

Last edited:
Maybe you could buy yourself a kindle? Just save the rarer books to put on the shelf and get everything else on that thing it's fab!

Aw that's a big shame. I'd hate to get rid of my books. The kindle idea is a good one so you still have the info? Not quite the same I know but a good compromise when you ate short on space?

aww hun, i sympathise, we have loads of rare falconry books, and ive got hundreds of wildlife, horse and veterinary books, along with all the fiction, cant bear to part with them but we're moving house in a few weeks and im dreading sorting through them! :(

Oooo you would e really useful at school when we teach Ancient Egypt... Ha ha!!! Tell me if you fancy coming to do a session in my classroom. Our kids could play together! Hee hee!

i couldnt get rid of my books, ive had OH turn our box room into a library but if i couldnt do that then id have turned part of my bedroom into one instead lol

I had to get rid of loads of my treasured books recently too. It was tough but it had to be done - having a baby will mean we just don't have the space for shelves full of books anymore. Sad but true. :(.
Like some others have said, electronic books are a compromise - not half as good as a 'proper' book, but great for economy of space! I did have to keep some though - probably mre than I should have - you have my sympathies it's a tough job! X

Oooo you would e really useful at school when we teach Ancient Egypt... Ha ha!!! Tell me if you fancy coming to do a session in my classroom. Our kids could play together! Hee hee!

Hahaha I'd love to as long as you don't mind a pyramid appearing in your playground. I am very much one for experimental archaeology which it totally my dads fault. He didn't read to me about the battle of Agincourt he chased me through the house wearing a suit of armour and brandishing a sword :D

Well bursting into tears still works apparently and my wonderful OH is bringing home some book cartons and special packaging from work for them to go into storage :D. I love this man sooooo much xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back