Side effects to 1 year jabs

holly1

Reaction score
Hi :)

My lo had his 1 year jabs 8 days ago and today he had a raised temp which we were pre warned about and gave him some calpol which has helped, but iv just notices when checking on him that his has a small lump behind his ear? From looking this up it looks to be were his gland is and read that swollen glands could a side effect but obviously can't be sure..he has it on one side only, just wondered if anyone else has experienced this? The lump is about the size of a pea maybe a tad smaller.

Many thanks

Hi holly1. It's been a while since you posted about your LO and wondered if you had any answers? My LO has something similar following his first lot of jabs and I have been to the GP twice, health visitor once about it. GP said lump is nothing to worry about, but I still am!!

I spoke to my gp and they said that this was gland and just to keep an eye on it If it don't go down to go back but it did go down he had a cold recently again and again the gland came up. I think my lo when he gets ill that gland just comes up. I hope that's the same for your little one. I would say though if you are conserned maybe go back and see a different gp if possible as it isn't nice being a worried mum. But I would say it sounds like there glands xx

Thanks holly1. It doesn't seem to be getting any bigger, but doesn't seem to be in a hurry to go either. I've noticed that he does have some scabby skin behind his ears where they clearly haven't dried properly after the bath, so think that might not be helping. He's got a cold now too. :(. Will def go back if I'm still not happy. Thanks for advice. :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back