Sicky Baby...

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Hi ladies, help needed pleease.

Phoebe is a week old today, for the first 2 days I breastfed but I didn't seem to be producing anything and still haven't now so I moved on to bottle feeding and she's currently on Aptimil first milk, which has been absolutely fine until yesterday, at least I assume its the milk anyway. But since yesterday she keeps being sick a lot. Normally a feed sends her to sleep but now she has a bottle, sicks it up and then wants another bottle straight away. She has been having infacol for colic too but not much of it.
I've just managed to settle her by giving her some warm water which my mom suggested. Also she hasnt had many pooey nappies today.
Any ideas what it could be? I would have thought if it was the aptimil that it would have affected her before yesterday??
Xxx

rach!!! howdy ive just founf this part of the forum xxxxx :)

chloe was so similar! i found i hadnt got all the wind up ,most of the time and she was still gulping then sick everywhere :( chloes same with collic / infacol too. i just be extra cautious by winding her lots before i continue but its getting better, chloe only did one massive poo a day until a week ago, her winds got better a bit and have introduced a little water and she poops regularl now (funny how much we can talk about poo & sick, this would have made me cringe before lol)

small posibilty of change from breast to bottle or that milk in general

but my mom always said if you dont get all the wind up and baby has more milk your just asking for a projectile lol

how r u and phoebe> xx

Last edited:
Is it lots of sick? Emily had colic, I remember it so well and you think it's never going to end but it will. I changed to c+w comfort, kept using infacol and it went away after 3 weeks. Aptimil do a comfort milk it's the most expensive one I think.
Have you tried any colic massage. It's hard to explain but you could google waterwheel massage and sun and moon massage for colic.

If she's sicking up alot and it's nearly every every bottle it could be a reflux thing. Although I know it's normal for babies to sick up bits when they're newborn.

Hope it passes soon!
X

Try to give her 1/2 of bottle then wind her and then the rest of the bottle.

is it a lot of sick? she might have an intolerance to it? or formula is a lot differenct to bmilk and she could be finding the switch a little difficult at first?? xx

Kynons breast fed but I found the infacol made him sick and he wasn't before so I stopped using it and spent a lot more time getting his wind up half way through and at the end of the feed.

There's a fair bit of sick yes I'd say its most of her bottle. I managed to settle her last night with water but there was sick on her sheet this morning :(
She still hasn't pood either she only did one yesterday :/
I think it might have something to do with winding her maybe because she keeps falling asleep during her feed and doesnt wake up when winded :/

Glad you discovered this section Lucy :) you should come across to the girlies room too!!! :) xx

there's a gitlies room too???...... i can see myself getting addicted to this forum again lol hope phoebe has a better night tonight xx

there's a gitlies room too???...... i can see myself getting addicted to this forum again lol hope phoebe has a better night tonight xx

Yes its right at the bottom of the forum :) you have to request access. DO IT!!! :D lol.
I'm hoping for a better night too, she's settled now :) fingers crossed she settles straight after a feed and change later. Hope you and little Chloe are doing well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back