Sickness

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by KeelyT90, Aug 8, 2016.

1. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

So within the last 1 hour and half, I have been sick 14 times. My pee is bright orange and I am not keeping water down.

I had evening sickness until 19 weeks in both pregnancies. I was sick on 3 days last week but just 2-4 times in the day. Today it is violent.

In my first pregnancy I was admitted to hospital at 27 weeks with severe sickness and ketones, dreading it happening again.

How long should I give it to have ketones checked? x

2. Laura1992

Laura1992 Well-Known Member

It sounds like it might be time to ring your GP because that's an awful lot! I thought I had it bad, but mine is not nearly as bad as that. Sorry you're suffering xx

#2 Laura1992, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  3. flexilexi394

flexilexi394 Well-Known Member

I would definitely get seen dear, I always have ketones in my pee but never really understood much about it, all i know is that I was sick a lot but you are being sick a lot more than I was! So maybe its best to not let yourself get this dehydrated and just bite the bullet and go get help xx

4. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

Flex ketones in your urine is usuall down to dehydration or malnutrition, I checked mine in work last week and my ketones were +++ so made it my mission to drink plenty the rest of the day I tested before I went home and it was clear unfortunately for keely she can't keep anything down so I'd deffo say go see someone you may need IVs just to keep you and baby hydrated

5. MummyBee

MummyBee Well-Known Member

Sounds like you could be dehydrated. I definatly contact your gp. U may need iv fluids just to be on the safe side. Keep us updated xx

6. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

Thinking of you Keely, hope you're feeling better xx

7. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

Well I was only sick twice yesterday but nausea was constant. So far today I have vomitted 3 times after my breakfast. I really can't afford time off work either as this week is my qualifying week for SMP. Got to plod on for today and tomorrow and thankfully I don't work Fridays x