Sickness remedies?

lisey

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips of what helped?

You can get them in a lollipop or like a boiled sweet I got some with my last pregnancy because I felt sick from the minute I woke in a morning to going to bed it was awful I got them from Amazon and eBay. Also have you tried those bands you get for travel sickness when in a car etc they help too xx

Ginger nuts and arrowroot are supposed to help... arrowroot biscuits definitely did not help with my son. But carrying a lemon round with a tiny hole in to sniff did help.

Thanks ladies. I have those bands from last time but they didn't help me. I will try them again though. Will also looks for the sweets.
I have heard about the lemon. Might try that, although I will look crazy taking a lemon out of my bag to sniff at work lol.
I feel sick from morning to night too xx

If it's that bad hun, why don't you talk to your gp and see if there are any anti sickness meds you could have?

Sorry you're feeling so ill with it. But there's a good reason (or two) for it!

XX

Yeah. It's worth it. I expected this so it's no shock. I will ask Dr for some. I had cyclizine (think that was name) last time but they just made me feel odd and drowsy. I do worry about taking anything though xx

I'm expecting my sickness to ramp up in the next few weeks if all goes well. I was horribly sick with my son. Bit I didn't get sore boobs with him. Mind you I didn't have boobs before I had him lol!

Definitely pop to the docs, I didn't take til week 9 last time and I'll definitely start asap as there's really no benefit it putting yourself through.

My friend's a midwife who's due twins in 2 weeks and she went straight into the really strong ones.

Hope you get sorted and are all good apart from the sickness!

Xx

Eryinera, that made me laugh.
Thanks maybe. You're probably right. Maybe I should call them this coming week. It's only going to get worse. Yeah I am all good apart from that. Dizzy and tired most of the time but I'll take it :) xx

I sniffed lemons it helped massively! I put sliced lemon in water too hence why I carried around sliced lemons all the time and I got through bags of sweets.
I wore the sickness bands all the time although I'm not sure how much they helped.
I hope you don't have to suffer to much at 27 weeks it's only the last couple of weeks I really feel I'm coming out the other side.
Xx

Also I learnt this trick in one of my many pregnancies lol. I take the pregnancy pills at night before bed. They made me feel rotten for hours if I had them with breakfast.

Last edited:
I take them at night too xx going to get a lemon xx

Wow. Found a remedy for me this time round.... hot dogs! Don't know why but I'm rolling with it. Hot dog for breakfast hot dog for lunch. Lol

Not sure if anyone has suggested this, but ready salted crisps. I had to have two packets some mornings with my son to settle my stomach. I was horrendously sick carrying him. The sickness bands are good too. They were a life saver in the end as my sickness carried on until about 17w... x

I think it's the salt in the hotdogs that's helping now. The do say salted biscuits areally good for sea sickness.

The sea bands don't do much at all for me and neither does salty food. I have come to the conclusion that there is no relief xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back