Sickness has just stopped suddenly

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Em91, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Em91

Em91 Well-Known Member

Hi, Hope you're all well..

Not sure if i should be worrying but since thursday my sickness and all nausea has just stopped. Not even felt slightly sick, I know i should be grateful because its been awful for weeks but is it normal for it to just stop suddenly? :? Could it mean theres something wrong with the baby?

Midwife changed my date back to the original because she said early scans arn't always right and i will mostly likely be put forward again if so i'm 10+5 but before i saw her the early scan would have made me 9.. i didn't think sickness wore of until 12-13 weeks. Anybody else experienced this?

Thanks for any advice
    em

2. beckyboo1

beckyboo1 Well-Known Member

Mine stopped at just over 10 weeks. Just woke up one morning and realised I felt human again!!

3. Em91

Em91 Well-Known Member

Yeah thats kind of what it's been like... i've spent 5-6 weeks being sick or feeling it constantly. Feeling human is weird... and not sure if i should be happy or worried lol!

4. cosmicgirl

cosmicgirl Well-Known Member

Sounds normal to me hun x

5. x_larlybelle_x

x_larlybelle_x Well-Known Member

It's normal hunny. Around 10-12 weeks the placenta starts to take over nourishing the baby so it relieves a lot of the symptoms xx

6. TeeUK

TeeUK Well-Known Member

I agree...normal, mine stopped between 9 - 10 weeks :)

7. coruscating17

coruscating17 Well-Known Member

Mine stopped at 9 weeks (although I now know I was actually 10 weeks after dating scan) and I worried too but everything is fine. I still have the odd off day so don't get too comfortable yet haha! x

8. kanga86

kanga86 Well-Known Member

Mine stopped around 10 weeks for about a week, but it came back and I still suffer now. Just make the most of feeling well again just in case :) xx

9. leesey

leesey Well-Known Member

Can mine stop this week too please??!! :lol:

I'm back to school tomorrow and really can't face a hyper class feeling like rubbish!!

I just bought a doppler for the exact reason you just said, as when my nausea stops I will be so worried but it's perfectly normal!! xx

10. Jayjay027

Jayjay027 Well-Known Member

I wish mine would suddenly stop :(

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

11. Em91

Em91 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your replies... i said that last night and then just been sick this morning so apparently not completely stopped but still a lot less, was only keeping crackers and cereal down before now im actually eating meals!

I hope yours stops for you soon leesey, and maybe thats what i need to do. Buy a doppler dont know if i'd be able to find the heartbeat though.

*hugs* Jayjay i know what you mean i'd been wishing it away for weeks. Now it worries me, Hope you're starting to feel better with the anti sickness tablets etc?

12. Naomi D

Naomi D Well-Known Member

Im in the same boat - Ive noticed my sickness easing off a bit, and now I find Im sick in the morning, and sometimes in the evening, but I dont have the constant nagging nausea all day anymore. Its such a relief to be feeling better, but its also a worry. Glad to hear its all normal!

13. babyelmo

babyelmo Well-Known Member

Same for me! Around 9-10 weeks it stopped and I was worried sick. Then at 11 weeks it was back and even worse. It's slightly better now but i'm still throwing up in mornings and feeling sick all day :( Hopefully that won't happen to you though!

14. Em91

Em91 Well-Known Member

In that case i will make the most of not feeling sick lol, just in case! Hope you're feeling better soon will all be worth it in the end :)

15. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

mine started at week 12-13 lol but least it stopped for you, thats a good thing x

16. Kiwi

Kiwi Well-Known Member

Hey hon, I'm in the same position. You can't help but feel a little worried about it (I have just done yet another pregnancy test to reassure myself!) but am sure all will be fine. Given everyone else's stories think I am just going to try and enjoy it whilst it lasts!