Sickness bug

Lulu90

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Luca has a sickness bug. He's been sick twice a few minutes apart, projectile all over himself and me. He's just nodded off but is due a bottle. I gave him some water after he was sick the first time then he threw up again. I'm unsure if I'm supposed to feed him as usual? I'm not going to give him any solids tomorrow I know that much. Should I wake him for calpol? Sorry to be a stress head, he's my first baby. He was quite happy to play and laugh before nodding off xx

Advice on the nhs website is to feed as normal.

The key thing is to make sure he's getting fluids in.

I let Cam sleep if he's poorly, so I'd probably leave him for now and give him calpol when he wakes if he needs it.

Hope he's ok hun.

XX

Ive never given calpol for sickness bugs. They tend to start with one of us and after there's loads of laundry. Just feeding milk and fluids on demand as dehydration is most important, can't do much more than sleeping it off and getting it all out!

Thanks Hun. He's bringing milk back up instantly but seems to be keeping the water down (fx), 9 clothes changes for both of us so far. His nappy wasn't wet this morning. He's in good spirits and quite happy babbling away xx

Last edited:
When my little one was younger, the fontanelle was still more prominent and dehydration usually means the fontanelle dipping in.. Bulging is not good at all... But say it dips and fluids don't help it return to normal go see doctor!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back