Sick of being fobbed off

Beauandhamish

Reaction score
Just spent the last 2 hours at a&e after being told to go by doctors as my bleeding had turned red and was more heavy. Got there sat around for ages, only to be told by the doctor that there was nothing they could do, if something was happening that they couldn't stop it! Wouldn't check my cervix or send me for a scan, told me Iv got to wait till my scan on Monday. To go home and relax for the weekend, yeh like that's going to happen! I'm so cross feels like I'm being fobbed off by them xx

I feel so bad for you !! The way women in first 12 weeks s are treated is terrible ,makes me angry :((( hope your scan goes well on Monday much love x

Awww, that's horrible. You are so close to 12 weeks too, you would think as you were there anyway they could do a quick abdominal scan just to put your mind at ease.

My GP sent me to A&E with suspected ectopic a few months ago, and they went to the opposite extreme. I had so much blood taken, a line put in, 3 internal exams. All before I had the scan that confirmed all ok. I even told them I wasn't in much pain.

Looks like your having the same kind of day as me. Mines got worse so has the pain an the epu won't scan me till Monday either now. It really sucks when they say take it easy and relax over the weekend :/ what times your scan? X

That is disgusting! Really hope everything works out okay for you xx

It really is a shame the early pregnancy services are so patchy. Our local one is amazing, so i feel really lucky.
While its true there often is not much they can do to stop it if its going wrong, it helps so much to know what is happening either way. How much does it honestly take for the person treating you just to have a little empathy for heaven's sake???

Really sorry your going through this. x

Last edited:
They could see I was really worried but just weren't bothered at all, it's our local hospital but not the place I'm going to give birth, I'm driving an extra 20 mins to another hospital as they are so rubbish! Really did think they would be better than that though x

Looks like your having the same kind of day as me. Mines got worse so has the pain an the epu won't scan me till Monday either now. It really sucks when they say take it easy and relax over the weekend :/ what times your scan? X

It's disgusting isn't it, how hard would it be for them to just give you a bit of reassurance. My scans at 9.15 on Monday, so least I don't have to wait all day, my mums coming with me as oh can't get it off work. Did I read that yours was in the morning as well? Hope your ok xx

Yeah mines 8:30. The army gave my oh today and tomorrow off but he is doing a night shift Sunday but should be home in time to come with me. I'm gonna try my local a&e later I'm on blood thinners so can't believe they are leaving me. Also am ab negative to need an anti d ingection within 3 days but will be 4 on Monday. Sucks don't it having to wait it's no hard ship to have a quick look. Just noticed we due the same day too. Must be jinxed. Fx it's all sorted for us soon x

'Go home and relax' as if!!! Hope you're both ok xxx

Hey girls, fx for Monday.

Mines on Monday too,but haveto wait until 13:40, I'm getting really scared now xxx

:( hope everything is ok:) x relax as if!

Fingers crossed for you. I agree like you can relax when you don't know what is happening. It is ridiculous how different it is depending on what nhs trust you are under. My husband rang the midwife on Monday as I had some bleeding. By Tuesday lunch time they had me in for my scan. It's ridiculous how trusts vary. xxxxx

Thought my bleeding had stopped, had nothing for a couple of hours but now back again. I just don't know what to do, my mums saying about taking me to the other hospital but don't know if they would do anything different there. I'm probably making myself worse by worrying about it :( xx

Could always call them and ask it might be worth the drive. All hospitals operate differently. Fx all is ok x

Really sorry to hear that you are going through this! Stay positive and I hope everything goes well on Monday! Xx

Sorry you're going through this ladies. I'd be inclined to call the other hospital and see if they have a scanner on a&e. if they don't, they will no doubt tell you the same thing. We had to go through the agonising weekend wait a couple of weeks ago. Never wanted a weekend to go so quickly. FX all is ok and it's just baby getting comfy xxx

Oh god so sorry for you- it's a nightmare. Keeping everything crossed for you x

sound slike my day yesterday i have suspected ectopic and they did internal and bloods which where 320 and sent me home...why cant doctors understand that we need reassurance ..i hope all is ok xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back