Sick Leave after Maternity Leave

KarolinaMoon

Reaction score
I'm due back to work next Monday....but have contacted my doctor as for the past couple of months I have been suffering stress, anxiety and feeling very run down. Basically I am feeling mentally and physically exhausted. I dont think I have PND, however I really dont feel able to go back to work next Monday....so plan to go straight to sick leave. To top it all off, and what is probably causing much of my stress, is that we simply cannot afford Lanna's full time child care at the moment. For this month I got £0 maternity pay, so we will be surviving on one wage.....and will barely beable to support ourselves let alone pay in advance for nursery care. We have no family where we live, and no one who can come over and help out....sometimes it feels overwhelming tbh. Has anyone else went straight to sick leave from maternity leave?

No help or advice but sending big hugs to you! X

Hugs. It's really hard when you don't have family and support near by. We live away from our families and so having to juggle work and childcare ourselves. We got our heads down and managed to get into a good routine now. I think because you do everything on your own, can't drop baby with your families for 5 minutes I found it harder to let go. It was literally just me and LO for a year and going back to work was a big change, it will make anyone anxious. If you need time of sick do it. Look after yourself, work will still be there when you're ready.

I did and got full pay. You're classed as returning to work and your usual sick leave arrangements apply. Hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back