Sick after feeds

AmyQ

Reaction score
Evan is a dream to breastfeed and we've had no major problems yet. I have noticed that he is starting to be sick more frequently after feeds. Up until now he has rarely been sick but the last few days it is after 3 or 4 of his feeds.

He also sometimes screams in the middle of a feed. He'll only scream for a minute or so and then carry on or be burped. I've heard of reflux but if it was this would it be a problem every feed or so short lived?

He does tend to have the 'in one end out the other' issue so the scream may be him trying to poo.

Any ideas? xx

I don't have any ideas, I just remember my lo all of a sudden started being sick after her feed. She did it for a good few weeks then all of a sudden stopped again. I've no idea what it was all about, it just seemed to be a strange phase. Hope your lo is ok xx

It maybe that lo is going through a growth spurt? Some children can start vomiting all of a sudden, go a few weeks then stop all of a sudden!

My lo has reflux and is on special milk (I had to stop breast milk) and take 2 lots of medication ti help, he used to be sick straight after every feed, and for an hour or two after!

There are a few of us in the feb/march mummies thread with babies who have reflux, please feel free to drop in anytime Hun :) xx

Tired Mummy to Colby Jacques born 4/2/2013

Thanks, he seems fine most of the time. I just have got so used to what he does that when something changes I go into panic mode lol! And I suppose I got used to not having sick all over me and him! xx

We literally live in bibs because CJ can be sick 7 or 8 times after/between feeds! Hope he settles back down for you soon Hun! Xx

Tired Mummy to Colby Jacques born 4/2/2013

Silly question, but if he is sick after one side should I try and feed the other side? He doesn't always feed on both sides normally but I'm never sure whether I should offer it anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back