Siblings always favoured in everything

It's really shit that your siblings are favoured over you, so in that respect I sympathise. But grandparents should never feel obliged to provide free childcare and you shouldn't have children under the assumption that they will. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but lots of families have to pay for childcare because they don't have the support of extended family members- it's just life I'm afraid. Having said that, I don't understand why any parent would offer to help one of their children out but not the other. That sucks. I hope you manage to sort something that works for your family. Have you considered a child minder? They're often cheaper and more flexible than nurseries xx

Hi i can see why you would be mad. She cant help one and not the other. Have you told her how your feeling and explain you dont expect it but if she can help your sister why could you not get a little help.

I love my baby but i also feel iv lost a part of me. Im so lucky to have my baby and she is my life but having gone back to work makes me feel more of jusy a mum so i totally get where you are coming from. Did she still say she cant help you out?x

Hi Hun I'm sorry you are feeling so hurt by all this. I completely understand where you are coming from. Your mum isn't being fair when by not commiting to set days then offering her help to your sister. My mum has been a great help but at times I feel she bends over backwards for my brother helping with his kids who are now 11 and 14. A couple of years ago I was really struggling and needing a break and she didn't seem to get that. I had to really spell it out for her. It's hard situation and probably brings back a lot of feelings from the past for you as you've had a difficult relationship with her over the years. The feeling of wanting a purpose in life after becoming a mum is real. You are not just a mum. You have something else to give in life. It's something that (in general) men don't have to deal with. It's linked with your sense of self worth and confidence like you say. I hope you get something sorted out and get back into a job you love. Rant away anytime love xxx

I can relate to you. My mum has always put my older sister first, and there has never been any explanation why. I'm currently pregnant with my first baby and i told my mum at about 6 weeks, and i have not heard from her once since i told her. I've been so sick with the pregnancy and hospitalised 7 times, not been anywhere but in bed or hospital since 6 weeks. I don't even know if my mum knows, I really could have used her help or support. My plan is to never ask her for anything, that way she can't let me down. I know you said you're looking for someone to look aftr your children in evenings or weekends and that can be difficult, but people get by without the help of their mothers, and she sounds so unreliable for you - even if she manages to be reliable for your sister. Some mothers are just like that, and it sucks. I'm sorry you have to experience this. Xox

This has made me so sad :( I'm so sorry you haven't heard from your mum. This would hurt me so much. Sorry to hear you have been so poorly too.

Sorry i didnt intend to make anyone sad x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back