Sibling pressy?

BabyMaker

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
For those of you who are pregnant with number 2 (or more), will you buy the baby's sibling(s) a present from the baby? Some of my friends have done it but wasnt sure if it was the "done thing". And for those who have done it before, did it help to break the ice a bit with a new baby suddenly showing up? My little man is 4.5 and well aware that there will be a baby coming soon but I wasnt sure whether I should still break the ice for him. Any other tips on how to make sure the first born accepts the new baby would be greatly appreciated.
xx

Oooh those books look great! Defo buying one:) thank you! Xx

My son is getting a lego set from his little sister when she is born. He is 10 years old so there is a massive age difference and has always been the center of our attention so don't want him to feel left out when his sister arrives.

I think they're a really cute keep sake x

Yeah I'll buy him something even just as a wee token that he can say my little bother or sister got me that! He's 3 now and not too sure about all this baby malarkey

Ive bought a wooden fire engine (asda wooden toy collection) for my oldest as a present off new baby.

The boys dad is going to stop off to get a balloon for my eldest to then 'give' to baby when they meet :) x

In the lead up whilst ive been pregnant hes had a few 'im going to be a big brother' books and 'theres a house i side mummys tummy' which he loves to read.

Also bought him a baby boy doll with nappy and clothes and milk bottle which hes names 'baby charlie' (his baby brothers name to be lol) and he likes to change and feed it lol.

Hes also attempted to feed it crumpets and take it on the 'big toilet' for a 'stand up wee wee' hahaha so i will need eyes at the back of my head when Charlie arrives haha!

Thanks ladies. We've now discussed probably get him a scooter from baby.

Great idea re the baloon babyslog:) lol your little man feeds baby doll crumpets!! You certainly will need eyes at the back of your neck;-) hope little Charlie arrives soon. Keeping an eye on May mummies as I hope to be one too. Xx

Thanks ladies. We've now discussed probably get him a scooter from baby.

Great idea re the baloon babyslog:) lol your little man feeds baby doll crumpets!! You certainly will need eyes at the back of your neck;-) hope little Charlie arrives soon. Keeping an eye on May mummies as I hope to be one too. Xx

He was 10 days late so im not holding out much hope only being 5 days over atm haha! But FX he wont be much longer. Will get an induction date tomorrow so atleast then theres a countdown! Hoping to avoid that though!

Not long for you now either!!!! Eeek xx

I remember getting a present when my brothers were born, and I've got a Lamaze doll for my lb to give her, and a toy train for her to give him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back