Shutting baby room doors?!

twinkles

Reaction score
Do you close them at night???
I leave B's open a bit and ours spin can hear her as we don't use the monitor anymore because every sound kept me up!! Anyway I just shot out of bed because I heard her grizzle loudly, but no she's asleep! Thinking if both our doors are closed at night I wouldn't hear these noises, but I would hear the shouts I need to hear at 4am!!! X

My lo is still in our room but I was thinking about if I was going to leave the doors open or not and as I had a cat I thought i would have to close it just I case but she died end of April (very sad) but now when she goes into her own room we will leave both doors open. Will prob use monitor also :) x

My monitor has a sensitivity setting so you can have it so it hears every little noise or so it has to be a certain volume before the monitor picks it up?

i close the doors, we were advised when we had the fire safety check to keep them shut at night as it stops smoke spreading so quickly if there was a fire.
Tbh i have the monitor on full volume anyway xx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

We have 6 cats so open doors are a no no in this house. I'd still shut their doors though, Jack is in pitch black darkness with the doot closed and sleeps brilliantly x

I close the door and have the monitor at half volume x

tapatalking!!

I used to leave it open until i read about how it prevents smoke from spreading and could save his life. We just use a monitor now Xx

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

i close the doors, we were advised when we had the fire safety check to keep them shut at night as it stops smoke spreading so quickly if there was a fire.

Wss, I close Cs door but not mine and I don't use a monitor as I can hear the 'come and get me' squeeks loud and clear!! Xx

Wss, I close Cs door but not mine and I don't use a monitor as I can hear the 'come and get me' squeeks loud and clear!! Xx

Our monitor broke so never replaced it and I'm such a light sleeper listening out for B! I might try shutting her door tight tonight then! X

I still use the monitor but have it as its lowest volume. We shut her door (our is open though) so the cat doesn't sleep in her bed with her.
Now she is in a big bed and last couple of days is being able to reach the handle and open the door I'm considering doing away with the monitor as soon as she can consistently get out of her room

I've always closed his door due to having a cat and the fact that his door is at the top of our stairs which lead straight down into the living room so he'd hear every single noise we make in an evening.
I'd never considered the smoke thing but that's a very good point.
We constantly have the monitor on even though you can hear him well enough without!

Definitely shut after our talk from the fire service. Shut doors save lives as it cuts the smoke inhalation risk. xxx

We use a monitor down quite low so we can hear when she needs us but not her little sleep mumbles!

I could never leave the doors open because of fire risk. Couldn't live with myself if we had a fire and I'd left her door open.

We close the door as have 2 cats which would like a nice clean bed/cot to stretch out in
Monitor is louder than him oddly enough :/

We close E's door and keep ours open a tiny bit. I no longer use our baby monitors as I'm such a light sleeper, I hear every slightest noise xx

Our monitor broke so never replaced it and I'm such a light sleeper listening out for B! I might try shutting her door tight tonight then! X

Let me know how you get on Hun Cx

all this talk of fire has set me off. Hubby has instruction to visit hardware store tomorrow to get a battery smoke alarm for the nursery! we have one in the kitchen, and one in the hall, but if a fire starts in her room and the door is closed?? eek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back