Shrunken Bump

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Bee7, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Bee7

Bee7 Well-Known Member

Over the last few days i've been a bit paranoid that my bump has gone smaller. I thought i was just been silly but then a girl at work said i looked smaller too. My belly button was nearly popping out but it's now kind of gone back in again. Baby has also been a bit quieter than usual, still feeling movements but not as regularly or as strong. Do you think i should be worried or am i just being silly? xx

2. Samsgirl

Samsgirl Well-Known Member

baby could have gone towards your back.........which is why bump may appear smaller and kicks arent felt as much...

but if you are unsure i would just check with mw hon x

3. Nic36

Nic36 Well-Known Member

My bump looked a lot smaller when I dropped. I think baby's position can make a difference - but if you're worried, best get some reassurance from the MW. Xx

4. Rachel1509

Rachel1509 Well-Known Member

Probably just down to LO's position. Next time you see MW, mention it to her in passing that you think you look smaller. If she's at all concerned then she'll tell you :)

5. pixie17

pixie17 Well-Known Member

i was advised by my midwife that you should never feel less than 10individual movements a day but the type of movements you feel will vary as you go along. i tend to use this as my benchmark.

6. Zoeox

Zoeox Well-Known Member

My bump went smaller during my pregnancy, and same thing with the belly button. I think its just baby moving back or down. If your worried then call your midwife, she knows best. xx

7. Bee7

Bee7 Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies. I've felt quite a bit of movement this morning so it's reassured me a little. I think it could just be him moving position as you've suggested. Just worries me when he goes quiet as well. Naughty baby xx

8. rosey

rosey Well-Known Member

I have noticed this too, I was thinking it could be due to baby moving towards my back more?