?show, BHC & period pain

hope

Reaction score
Been having very frequent BHCs for over a week now. Today morn, I think I had the show. Not sure as it was very little quantity. And now from about an hour ago, Ive been having period-like pains. Other symptoms- feel like pounding somebody's head & yelling at somebody(nobody's mentioned those as labour symptoms :wink:) neway, got a scan 2moro afternoon, being performed by a colleague's wife who is a consultant in the hospital here, may ask her to see if Im dilated. Oh I hope so.........I want my baby out soon, wish me luck girls!

Hi Hope

Lots of luck to you! I've been getting some period-pain type twinges, but it's amounted to nothing, so I'm not getting my hopes up!

Sounds like you're doing a bit better than me though!!

Keep us posted

LBxx

I know,it can still be days I guess.......... Im not getting my hopes up either! Shall try to get a decent night's sleep.
Shall keep u posted. Goodluck to all of u (& me!!)

hi i was getting period like pain for 5 days before i went into labour and had my show about a week and a half before, goodluck to you both not much longer left for you x

still here!!! All the pains seemed to have died out at night! :( Come back pains!!!!!!!!! I want this over & done with! Feel HEAVY

Thanks Manda!!

Hmm - haven't lost my mucous plug yet, but had more period pains yesterday. I'm still at work for the rest of this week, and I'm hoping for at least one week off before baby arrives, so I'm not quite ready for anything to happen quite yet - hopefully all the twinges etc are a good sign though!

Did you find out if you're dilated at all Hope?

LBxx

Hey LB, u should be at home, how dyu get the energy to work?????
Yesterday, my colleague's wife scanned me, said fair size baby- about 3.55 kg! With fair amount of fluid too!!! She did not see how dilated I am but did say, that if Im not in labour by 24 Oct, she'd prefer to induce me. Apparently Im also having sugars i my urine so she's called me in 4 a blood test 2moro!!!!! My midwife had detected the urine sugar 2 weeks ago, but in spite of my repeated requests, had refused to do anything b'coz it was the "1st episode"!! And now that Im 38 weeks, there's nothing they can do 4 me!!! Really got mad yesterday. Whats worst is the fact that Im a doc myself, & have worked in OB GYn when I was an intern in India. Ive never been so careless with my patients, just my luck that I get treated so rottenly!!!!

Crikey Hope - that's terrible - and I would have thought they would treat you very carefully as you would be more aware of bad practice than someone without a medical background.

Am glad it's my last week at work as I'm starting to feel a bit too tired for it - don't feel like I can be particularly effective any more. Just 3 days to go though, then 6 months off - hoorah!!

I'm half wanting time off before baby arrives, but the other half of me wants the little poppet to arrive now, as I'l a little fed up of feeling tired and uncomfortable. Baby is really low down now, so often sitting is uncomfortable - I'm especially finding driving hard work! It's only comfortable if my knees are lower than my pelvis which obvioulsy isn't possible in a car!

Anyway looks like you'll be beating me to the punch - keep us posted!

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back