Should I ring triage?

KeelyT90

Reaction score
So yesterday we were at the MIL and she has a very large 7 stone Labrador cross mastiff who thinks he's a cat. He jumped from one sofa to the other landing on my stomach and using his back leg as leverage to jump over my 2 year old. I was so shocked and what happened my eyes filled with tears....
I had a paw print on my stomach that faded after a bath but I do have a little scratch on it.

I felt one movement after it whilst driving home. However, my movements are not strong or frequent enough yet to determine a pattern. I've not felt anything since then.
I've got no pains or bleeding but can't help worrying considering the weight that landed on me.
Should I get checked out?

X

If you're worried hun, then give them a call.

Don't sit at home stressing, they're there to look after you and bubba so give them a call for advice.

I'm sure little one is just fine though hun, they are pretty well protected in there.

XX

I've rang EPAU this morning. The nurse is in clinic currently but will call me around mid-day to have a chat with me to see whether I should go get checked over. I woke up fine but after getting myself ready for work and little boy ready for nursery I've been getting some cramps. Period like cramps and a dull ache.
Very worried now.

how have you got on? Have they asked you in? Xx

I know that is scary but I really think baby is fine! Babies are SO cushioned and protected in there! You might have hurt some ligaments and be sore from the impact but I feel so confident telling you your baby is totally fine.

I hope everything is fine tomorrow! As Kholl said above, baby is well cushioned inside you :) x

Hi Keely. I was in a 5 car pile up on the motorway as a passenger when I was 15 weeks. It wasn't a very pretty sight! I had bruising all across my belly and shoulders. I had a scan at the hospital a few days later and everything was fine! I even got to find out the sex of the baby early! We now have a happy and healthy two year old! You'd be surprised just how cushioned and resilient they are! Wish you all the luck for tomorrow hun x

Good luck hun. They are cushioned well on there but I know I wouldn't relax until I'd had the scan. Hope all goes well. Xx

Hi Keely. I was in a 5 car pile up on the motorway as a passenger when I was 15 weeks. It wasn't a very pretty sight! I had bruising all across my belly and shoulders. I had a scan at the hospital a few days later and everything was fine! I even got to find out the sex of the baby early! We now have a happy and healthy two year old! You'd be surprised just how cushioned and resilient they are! Wish you all the luck for tomorrow hun x
Oh goodness I bet that was so frightening. I'm glad everything was OK. It really is reassuring. Our bodies can take a lot and still protect our babies. Xx

Thanks everyone. My cramps have eased off, nowhere near as bad but still have the odd ache and the area is still tender with bruising. Just can't help but worry. You only really know for sure when you've been checked over.
Will let you know how we get on xx

Good luck for today, im sure alls fine and you're completely right. Get some peace of mind x

I don't think anything can stop the worrying! I worry like hell haha! Fingers crossed all goes well for you today. Babies are so tough! X

Thanks everyone. Appointment went well.... Got to hear my LO's heartbeat for the first time.
The midwife on duty was like "come on, what dog was it? A retriever?" When I told her she said "see I knew it would be a big one" and she thinks the cramping is either muscle or ligament related due to the force.
I think I will be keeping my distance from Marley for a while the big clumsy sod! Lol xxx

Awh fab! Glad it all went well. I bet you had such a lovely wave a relief when you were hearing the hear beat! Best of luck in your pregnancy hun! Stay away from the dogs haha xx

Glad everything is okay Keeley!

I had a paw to the belly this morning from my 8&1/2 stone monster after my OH wound him up on the bed.
It really hurt! But I'm only 12 weeks and I had a check with the Doppler a bit after, still beating away in there.

I think it's part of big dogs nature, must be clumsy goofballs.

It really must be.... I was over there earlier today and he barged into me again. Bloody dog haha. Glad everything was ok for you! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back