Should I phone the police?

SaraLouise

Reaction score
Every evening it stinks of weed in our room as the neighbours smoke it & the smell comes into our room through the window & boiler vent. Even if we shut the window you can still smell it a bit, but we can't have our window shut all the time because its so hot at the moment!

Obviously I'm worried about the fact that little man sleeps in our room & he is breathing it in. But if we phoned the police would they actually be able to do anything? We've only lived here since a week before bubba was born (5 weeks ago) so don't really feel like I could just go to them and ask them to stop. I really don't want to make things awkward so I'm at a bit of a loss.

I hate it, it makes everything in our room ie his bedding & that, stink!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I would speak to someone, landlord or police it's not fair on baby or you! X

We own our house outright & as far as I'm aware so do they so cant talk to a landlord. I just don't know what the police could/would do?

Police your only option really.... Worth a call even of its just for advise on what to do??? X

Give the police a call hun, they may well already be known and just need a firm word. Some people are so bloody inconsiderate. I understand it may cause friction but baby needs to come first xx

Yeah I think I may give the non-emergency number a ring tomorrow & ask for some advice x

Hmmm...so as not to rock the boat, is it worth putting a note through the door, stating that you can smell it every time they smoke - and that during this hot weather it is coming into your house...? (If they have neighbours either side, they wont automatically know it was you.)

If you speak to your neighbours directly or pop a note through the door, they may be horrified that the smell and smoke is carrying as far as it is.

Perhaps give them a chance to change what's currently occurring before you get the police involved?

If they ignore the note / chat, then it might be time to get further advice xxx

I agree with Chezza. I was in the same situation.
I could smell something like weed coming over from next door, I went over and had a chat with one of the housemates, initially to let them know I had a baby so sound of crying may travel through and apologies in advance. I then said if they minded if I asked them a favour and they said no. I explained that I had smelt an odd smell coming from their house/garden which was a but like weed, though I'm sure it wasn't (I said to them). It was giving my baby a bit of a sore throat (it wasn't) and could they make sure that whatever it was didn't come over to our house. They just smiled and said of course and they were very sorry. I don't smell it anymore and we always say hi when we see each other.

However had the conversation turned a little sour and they carried on then I would have got the police involved for advice.

Xxx

They will prob out intelligence in on it and when they got enough info then deal I reckon x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I'd speak to them. You have to live next door to them and going directly to the police who may or may not have a word with them could make things awkward.

I'd definitely speak to them yourself first. It can't be any more awkward than living next door to people who know you called the police on them!

Hopefully they will be horrified and stop.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back