should i pay attention to my weird 'feelings'....

My1stBaby

Reaction score
This might sound mad, but I keep getting in a panic thinking i need to pack my maternity bag... feels like my instincts are telling me to pack it.....as if babys gonna be here earlier than planned.....

weird or normal????

xxx

pack it just in case but i think its common to think that way hun xx

It doesn't hurt to have it packed early just incase :). I packed mine at 34 weeks.

I havent packed mine, i dont want to leave clothes in there, i want to make sure there fresh. If u feel the need to do it go ahead. U may not have the energy later xx

I've packed mine hun for the same reasons. I have a horrible feeling I am going to go to the hospital for one of my scans or consultant apps and they aren't gonna let me out gain. Even had dreams about it. So irrational!! lol

ha irrational is my middle name at the moment!! thanks ladies, im just waiting to get the bag (havent got an appropriate one) and then i think ill do it but yea i dont want to put clothes in it yet, maybe ill do everything else apart from clothes and when/if the times comes im sure the OH can manage to get the clothes sorted if he needs to lol

xxx

When I reached 32 weeks I was convinced LO was going to arrive any time... Got everything packed ready as I just 'knew' she would be arriving soon... 6 weeks later bag is still sitting there!, lol
I'd pack it just in case - you never know your instincts might be better than mine! :) xx

It doesn't hurt to pack it hon and then it means you're not at my situation - close to 39 weeks and still not packed completely yet. Whoops!

Do what I did. I didn't have a bag straight away so just collected things in a large carrier bag or two. Made it a lot easier to pack and if u do need it u can just grab the carrier bags. Not ideal if u should need them, but at least eveything is together. I put Pip's clothes in his Moses basket so they weren't packed or washed, but ready should I need them before I got round to washin and packing them. Also stops DH having to pull clothes out for him at the last minute and not getting what I want! Lol!

I got the same feeling, around week 34, that I needed to do it then. (I'm writing my dissertation and was planning on doing it when that was handed in, but that's only 2 weeks before my due date, so decided to pack my hospital bag first an get that out of the way, and then write my dissertation..). Whether he comes early or not it's nice to have it done, and not having to stress and worry about it anymore.

I did it similarly to Larlybelle, collecting things in bags until I had pretty much everything, and then I have a list over things I want to add in last minute (camera + charger, sweatpants, etc).

Better to do it and not worry than keep worrying! Just get it done and get it out of your head :)

I get the exact same feelings! I think its just down to the fact that we realise that our pregnancies are progressing and were almost approaching the finish line and labour is imminent!

Even though I'm only 34 weeks and got a few weeks to go til I'm full term, I find myself studying every little pain and twinge that I have, just in case! But it never ever amounts to anything more obviously, but I think its completely normal to have it in the back of your mind just in case!

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

If you feel the need to pack it I think its best. If your not quite ready to commit to packing your bag ready yet, sort some items out and place in a carrier bag or something so you can just pick them up when the time comes and then sort them into a bag when your ready. xx

Omg I feel this all the time! Just posted thread about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back