should i leave it or not?

trixipaws

Reaction score
almost 4 years ago i met a girl who became a very close friend. she was an old friend of my boyfs actually they hadnt seen each other in years but they were close too. shes brilliant she can be really girlish with me but she can also be like "one of the lads" and has had nights in with just my boyf and his best mate when i wasnt there. my boyf and i both loved her and she and my boyfs best mate used to be here at ours every weekend. we used to hav parties quite often but they were centred around the 4 of us really, and we all went on holiday to ibiza a couple of years ago. on that holiday she got with my boyfs best mate but they split up a few months later.

well as it turns out, for most of the time she was hanging out with us she was secretly back with her ex, whom we all disapproved of coz he treated her badly and seemed like a bit of a bell end. so when she got with my boyfs mate she was in fact cheating on her ex (who wasnt her ex but her current!) and when her "ex" found out he banned her from seeing us all!

she kept saying stuff like "oh, u (me & my boyf) are such good friends, its not right that i cant see u, i will sort this out and come see u soon" etc blah blah but she never did she always let us down :(

she spoke with my boyf shortly after we found out i was pregnant and he said she sounded all excited and said she would visit (she didnt!)

i really miss her, and in october i was texting someone and noticed her name still in my address book, so sent a text- only half expecting a reply.

i got a really excited reply, then she phoned later and we had a big chat and she was soooo excited about meeting millie, and we made arrangements for her to come visit that weekend. the last words she said to me on the fone were "love you".

guess what, she stood me up :(
my boyf was annoyed that i was upset so he texted her but she didnt reply.

we were talking about it recently and he said shes pissed him off and although he loves and misses her hes washed his hands of her type-thing. but he said if i want to i could try texting her again, asking where i stand, as maybe she is genuine ("i love u, i wanna see u" etc) but needs a little more encouragement if shes got a weird boyf situation going on.

i'd like to, but isnt that a little desperate? should i just leave it? or should i text her again?

Im going to say you do hunniwhat feels right too you - maybeif you spoke to her ask of theres anything weird going on that she might want to talk about?

:hug:

I would definitely leave it.

If she's really if your mate she'll come to you with an apology...it sounds like she's not that bothered if she hasn't already apologised TBH.
I HATE being let down like that, and I don't tolerate it at all.

Well I know people like that... and it's you who has to do all the chasing and tbh... I can't be arsed with it anymore...

I wouldn't stand someone up unless it was an emergancy so I can't see why other people do it to me.

if she wants to continue a relationship with you she will come to you... if she isn't bothered then she won't.... I know its sad for you, but people come and go in our lives and that is just what life is about... :hug:

thanx 4 ur replies. i kno u are right really, its just a shame to let her go. :(

Don't be sad Trixipaws, I'll bet she gets in touch when she's single again. I have friends like that. They drive you mad, but they keep coming back if you let them :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back