should I have felt something by now?

lulu

Reaction score
Hi, I am 18 weeks now and still not felt anything!

I thought I felt something at 15/16 weeks but think it was just wind. My friend said she felt a bubbly gurgling sensation at 15 weeks. Now I am a little concerned!

I experienced bleeding at 15 1/2 weeeks, all was fine but I am a little concerned as I have had a lot of stress and not been eating as well as I should be.
I am worried that things wont have developed properly when I have my 20 week scan next week.

Any help or advice??? :(

Thanks.

In some of the pg books I have they say for the first pregnancy you have the kicks come later on from 17 to 20 weeks - so try not to worry it may be a few weeks yet and that's normal :)

I'm 18 weeks and havent felt any movement yet either. I was also reading that with first pregnancies it can be up to 20weeks before you feel anything. I also saw that if u havent felt movement by 22 weeks you should contact your midwife. So a while to go, so i havent started worrying yet although i really wish i could feel baby now

I didnt start feeling baby kick until about 20 weeks...And over just a few days I started to feel a lot of movement...So give it a few weeks...
They say you might be able to feel baby kick sooner with a second pregnancy but this is my second and I didnt feel it any sooner...
Pansy

hiya,
just wondered if you have a bump yet? What I do with my bump is when I lay down on my side for a while, I quickly switch to my back and put my hands on my lump, and can pinpoint baby with lop sideed bump and usually I can feel a kick or something. I havent really felt anything inside, as I cant really tell the difference between wine, bowel movement or anything but after a while apparently it becomes stronger so you can tell the differnce!

p.s sorry had to use that ticker, so cute seeing how big baby is and how much he/she weighs!!

Hi, yes I very much have a bump! had a little one at 8 weeks!!!! someone thought I was 7 months + the other day :lol:

Thanks for the advice I will try that in bed with my partner tonight and post the results. Im just panicking that everything is still ok in there!!!

Thats ok about the ticker, I saw other 'mums to be' with it and thought it was cute too!!!

I see your from Devon, I used to live there! :lol:

Hi, I tried the rolling over on to my side thing and nothing! I have tried several things to see if baby will move, especially in the bath, but nothing!

I am worried something may be wrong. I have my scan next week but that feels like ages away!

Am I worrying over nothing????

I worried a lot too when I was around 18 weeks...As a matter of fact I posted on here "Felt Movement and Now I Don't"...Because at about 15-16 weeks? I felt flutters when the baby was low...But when he moved up I couldn't find him and he wasn't kicking strong enough yet for me to feel it...At 20 weeks he started moving all over...Feels like a gymnast in there!!...Hope this puts your mind at ease some...
Pansy

I'm nowhere near far enough to feel anything yet but I read if you swallow some ice the baby will move to get away from the cold sensation. Don't know if it works but may be worth a go??

#Ive heard that it only litrally starts at about 18 weeks and maybe longer for others up to about 20weeks, Its odd but it litrally seems like it happens over night, one day you feel nothing and the next wayhay! How are things for you now?

well, still nothing! :cry:

Have tried everything to see if baby will move!!!!

Im worried something is wrong but I have my scan tomorrow so hopefully will all be ok and Im panicking over nothing. Maybe I have felt something but just missed it????

I know I will feel more relaxed when I feel baby move - I still havent bought anything as Im too scared, just in case I tempt fate :(

Am I mad??? :?

Lulu...Is this your 1st baby?...You may be feeling movements and mistaking them for something else?...Sometimes when my little one moves around it just feels like a tightening or a rumble...Or maybe a flutter...Like the brush of fingertips...All moves are so different...And it also depends on where baby is lying...Maybe it has its back against one side of your tummy so when it kicks and flails you can't really feel it...Can you tell where babys butt is?...My baby usually has his butt against my right side...Sometimes you can push on them and they will move...But if you feel all over your tummy,and if you come to a little round hardish part,chances are thats the babys bum...I paid real close attention to the ultrasound to see where my baby was positioned...Helps me realize what is kicks and flailing arms or whatnot...But when they are little they move about quite a lot...Your midwife/dr should be able to tell you just by pushing on your tummy where baby is positioned...Maybe you could ask him/her to show you...But the whole time I thought I felt the baby kicking,during the ultrasound at 22 weeks he kicked up a storm and I never felt it...But when he flailed his arms I felt it...I hope you feel something soon :cry:
Let us know how the scan goes...
Pansy

PS...My baby usually isn't active until very late at night...Go figure!...So somedays I don't feel anything unless I am up late!

Hi, well everything at the scan was fine! heartbeat good and all other organs etc looking good! huge relief!!!! :D

Baby was breach and had his/her arms and legs tucked up so took a while to get all the measurements.

The funny thing was we saw baby having a wee!!!

It turns out that I have been feeling movements for a while but putting them down to hunger or wind, I feel the flutters alot stronger now.

My partner was surprised I could not feel anything after seeing the baby kicking on the scan, he says I was too worried to pick up on movements before now - guess he was right!!!!

Bring on the kicking!!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back