Should I get rid of all baby things?

Corrinne37

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a loft full of baby stuff, pram, cots, moses baskets, rocking stands,bouncy chairs, swing chairs, walkers , toys, clothes ..... you name it the loft is crammed full as we saved everything from my son as thought we would have two close together. (everything bought unisex)

Now Im wondering if all this stuff in the loft is causing a burden on me. I know its there ..... waiting. The thought of there waiting or getting rid of it all makes me want to cry.

But Ive just started wondering if thats what I need to do to feel free of this burden and to let go of the hurt that im harboring from my losses.

Does that make sense to anyone??

I can always start again if need be ? What do you think??? xxx :wall2::wall2:

Hard one and probably only you can answer it.If you genuinely feel that it is a burden on you then you could give the stuff away or pass them on or sell them on ebay. It may make you feel better. When you do get your BFP though you might wish you had kept it!Lol not helpful at all just thought i would reply!!!

Keep it Hun! You'd kick yourself if you get preggers this cycle!:)

Xx

I would keep it hon, because you know that you will need it again one day. The other option is to perhaps move it to somewhere else so out of sight out of mind. Ask a relative or friend to hold it for you. Dont get rid of it hon, i think you will find it harder than just leaving it. I know it must be hard and i have never even been pregnant let alone have a mc, but it will happen for you xxxxx

I think no.

I don't think that you are feeling pressured because of the stuff in the loft but because your son is getting older so you'll just feel pressured anyway.

I'd only chuck it out if you are starting to feel like maybe you don't want another child anymore and it is making it harder to accept that.

Hey Corinne, I don't have any kids and therefore don't have any baby things in the house however a few months ago my mum was doing a clear our and found my nephew's travel cot from when he used to stay overnight at hers. I asked her what she was going to do with it and she said 'oh i'll hang on to it incase it's needed again one day' hint hint! I have to say it made me feel awful and still does, that it's waiting for me gathering dust in my mum's loft. So I can kinda relate. If it's really bothering you I agree with Gizzy maybe sell it on ebay or gumtree? At least that way you're getting some money back that you could put in an account to use on new stuff when the time comes? Or just treat yourself, a spa day or something with a pal. Only you know how much it's upsetting you though. But FX this won't be an issue and you'll have a lil baba making good of all these things soon xxxxxxxx

Hey Corrine,

My answer would also be no hun!

It's not that baby stuff making it hard for you to conceive at the moment and it seems a shame to get rid of all your stuff just because you feel a bit superstitious??

xxxxxxxxxx

If it's not taking up vital stuff keep it no harm in it being there unless it's really upsetting you xxxxx

Thanks ladies,

You are all right.
It would be silly to get rid of it all, as I have had it all from new and kept it this long.
I just want to feel, just easy, and relaxed about having another baby.
But because of my situation and my age (I turned 38 today!!!! so should be Corrinne38 now!!)
I cant help but feel that this year is my last chance and that makes me feel pressured!! (and I dont want to feel like that!)

I said to someone , one last try , hopefully 3rd time lucky, if it doesnt happen this year , Ill get rid of the baby stuff.
They said, you will do that and probably fall pregnant.
And you do hear that that happens. Hence my post.

But hopefully , I will just be lucky this year and I will be able to relax.
I do have a good feeling about 2012, start of a new Chinese year today

Baby dust to everyone in this section, this our year, we have all been through so much
love love xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back