Should I feel bad??

michelle82

Reaction score
Well after 2 fab nights of sleep as our little man slept every 4 hours only waking for a feed, it all went wrong again and he has kept us awake 2 nights running whilst he sleeps the day away from being so tired! My mum & dad came over today and said we looked knackered and that they would look after him tonight so we could get some sleep. Thing is I feel bad because he's only 2 weeks old but on the other hand I think its only one night and I look like a zombie! Should I feel bad or is that just part of being a mummy that I feel like this?

You definitely shouldnt feel bad, you need to catch up on sleep! Trying to look after a baby when you are overtired is such hard work! It will be nice for you to take a break and catch up on your sleep!

Dont feel bad hunny!

Steph x

Just think, when you've had a good rest you'll be nice and fresh to take care of him so he'll benefit as much as you.

How nice of your parents to offer... take them up on it quick before they change their minds!

Thanks Steph & Urchin :D

I know its only 1 night they only live a 5min drive away and I'll be picking him up in the morning, and my OHs parents have also said they'd look after him if we want a night off. Its just that it makes you feel like your failing in a way but then I think when he has kids I'll be offering to help out in the same way out parents are and it'll be good for him to spend time with other people especially my parents as they'll be babysitting when I go back to work 3 days a week.

Your definitely not failing in any way! Everyone functions better after a good nights sleep!

You shouldn't feel bad at all hun you're bound to be tired, you still haven't let your body recover properly from giving birth! Enjoy a nice night cuddled up on the sofa with a film and then a long night of unbroken sleep hun! :D

It will do you both the world of good. And baby will benefit from having mummy and daddy all refreshed x

Well they have taken him away house feels empty and I have had a cry! feel bad but really need the sleep and then I started thinking what if something happens to him! God I never thought I would feel like this, but this confirms that I love him loads and wouldnt change any of it even the sleepless nights and mum said that if I really cant sleep I can ring at 2 in the morning and they will bring him back.

Your parents managed wonderfully with you, I'm sure they'll be great! I know it's hard but embrace the chance to sleep as it will make everything seem good again. Can you have a glass of wine or something to help you relax? Even if you're breastfeeding a glass is ok and it might help you to unwind? If we were all still living in extended familes this would happen all of the time and us mothers would be less pressured you know. I don't know what I'd do without my parents as they've looked after Elliott several times and given us both a nice break.

Hope you sleep well
+++

The first night my parents had Damien, me and Mark stayed over too just so that were right on hand if needed, and also, we didn't feel too far from him. We slept 8 hours though and boy did we need it!

Hope you get plenty of sleep tonight xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back