Should i call midwife? Or does this sound normal?

Emilyandbump

Reaction score
Hi, basically since about 12 today, i've had a persistent pain in my lower abdomen and "down below" I'm having real pressure. I have had this pain before, but it was as bad and didnt last as long. It feels like a real deep burning sensation aswell. And period pains.

I know his head is v low, so could it just be he's leaning on a nerve?

I've always been told never to ignore abdominal pain if it lasts a while. Internet is rubbish, cos i thought it might be round ligament pain, but most of the websites say it should last long.

I've tried resting, in every position, but nothing helping. And i dont know if its connected but i keep feeling really shivery.

I've not got a UTI cos ive been tested very recently, and tested myself today as i have the same pee sticks they use (my son has a med condition)

I sort of dont want to ring the labour ward cos i feel like im bothering them, also i really cant go in if they tell me too, cos ive got my kids here and no one could look after them.

Does it sound as if what im having is normal? or should i ring? xx

I was always told to phone if I was worried or unsure x you won't be bothering them! I would phone x

Thanks, i will maybe phone in a little bit when the kids have gone bed, i think whats putting me off is that i had a really rude midwife once, and it upset me abit! x

Phone anyway hun to put your mind at rest if nothing else. xx

At 29 weeks I'd get things checked out. Hopefully it wont be anything. I had to spend 24 hours in hospital due to cramping pains at 31 weeks. They did a fibronectin test which came back as positive (that labour could come in next 2 weeks). It's better to be safe than sorry. Early labours can present themselves in different ways they told me. xxx

Hope your feeling better would get it checked out just in case xx

How are you Hun, hope your ok and got some reassurance from hospital x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back