should i bother the midwife?

Jadie

Reaction score
hi girls,

I know we all get sick, I am not sure if I am wosre than everyone else or just a wimp!!

I can eat small amounts, bicuits, fruits, but any filling just comes back up.

its getting me really down now. I am only 9 weeks on!

can the midwife help or will they just say get on with it?????

thanks for your help!
jadie

Although this sounds totally natural to me - I was pretty much the same, if you are concerned go to your midwife, it's their job afterall ;) and it might be good to put on your notes.

You are not a wimp as being sick all the time is a right pain in the arse and even at this late stage i still have my moments.

The time you should worry the most is if you can't keep any food down at all as that can be dangerous for you and bambino!

Good luck mate!

Yes i would go to your midwife if i was you. After all it is her jjob to look after you and put ur mind at ease. I was lucky i escaped sickness, but even tho sickness is normal durin pregnancy, it shouldnt rule your life, and if u cant keep food down, and u more than likely feel crappy most days, then it is.
Or you could speack to your doctor who may recomend or prescribe soething which can help ease the sickness.

hope u feel better soon.

bec x x

I'd speak to your midwife if I was you sweetie or your GP if it's easier. It may be Hypermesis. I had this and I know how horrible it is! they amy want to keep an eye on you.

Good luck x

thanks, you have made me feel better.

i will try get a doctors appointment tomorrow.

i am back at work on monday after my summer hols!

work with food so am not looking forward to it!

thanks again!

Hi Jadie

How are you today? I was constantly sick and couldnt keep any solids or fluids down and it was really getting to me. I went back to the dr and he put me on anti sickness tablets which are fantastic. Though I think I have caught a bug now so Im being sick again!!!! I am 12 wks.

Hope things improve for you

Just an idea as i have really been suffering with the dreaded morning sickness, my friend suggested i try travel sickness bands which go on each wrist and have an acupressure nobbly bit (great description) on the inside of the wrist. They cost about £8 a pair and i have not been sick in the two days i have had them on! I dont know whether its psycological or really work but either way i couldnt care less, they work.

Give them a try, they are cheap and do no harm as there are no chemicals to affect you or your baby. (although they get you funny looks at work!) :oops: I am really anti drugs and medications and these are the ideal cure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back