Should I be worrying what others think?

Mummytimesfour

Reaction score
Hey just found out that I am pregnant with baby number 4! I'm really pleased. I'm married in a happy relationship and have a girl of 8 and two boys 5&2.
I have told 1 friend apart from hubby who's so happy for me but I have got this total dread that everyone else especially family will only have negative reactions. I can't stop thinking about it. Am I over thinking? Is it the hormones?? Any advice or just a telling off to pull myself together will be very much appreciated x

If you are pleased then stuff the others! I recently reacted not negatively, but ambivalently, to a pregnancy announcement only because I could tell it was a shock and she wasn't overly pleased.. if someone told me full of smiles and joy then I couldn't possibly react badly! Congratulations :) xxx

Congrats! Why would anyone be anything but pleased for you? Sod anyone that isn't pleased for you, it's lovely news and I don't even know you :) xx

Sod them it's absolutely nobody else's business! A baby is always always a blessing and a miracle and anyone who thinks otherwise is very sad. In 10 years time when the baby's 9 will their reactions matter? No! Will you be on your deathbed when you're 100 thinking oh I wish we'd never had our 4th child because Auntie Ethel disapproved? Course not :)

I do know the feeling though... i'm pregnant with number 3 and my DS2 is only 14 months old and i'm particularly worried about the reaction I'm going to get from my bosses at work telling them Il be needing another maternity leave! I feel sick to my stomach at the thought of telling them I know they won't be happy. But I keep telling myself the deathbed thing, when I'm 100 looking back on my life and my family, the reaction of a boss I had 70 years previously won't matter at all!

Congratulations on your pregnancy :) xxx

Last edited:
I'm the same my family can't understand why I want more children km on number 3 and even though they aren't particularly pleased I know they will come round once the baby is here but I dreaded telling them especially my parents. Im an only child and always wanted a big family id happily have a fourth lol

Thank you! You know when you know something but just need reassurance! Thanks again ladies! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back