Should be happy ... but ...

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
Sorry for the woe is me thread

I'm technically still breastfeeding, but I'm not expressing anymore.

I have enough freezer stock to get us through to a year then we will hopefully have a smooth transition to cows milk

I still feel upset and annoyed that bfing didn't work for us - and even though I should be celebrating, I'm still in the "i'm annoyed he wont latch" mindset.

I honestly can't wait to have a second chance at bfing :cry:

Tweety....just want to say that I admire you so much for expressing for so long!!

And *hugs* dont beat yourself up (easier said than done I know) you have given aaron such a great start to life xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Tweety, you have been an inspiration and you should be so proud of what you have achieved. It may not have gone perfectly to plan but you gave Aaron the very best as difficult, time consuming and mind numbing it was. I only pumped for 6 weeks and I honestly hated every second of it, it really seemed to take over my life. For you to manage nearly a year is seriously bloody marvellous! And you really do deserve a medal! *Thinking somewhere along the lines of a golden pump* :lol:

I wish you could see yourself from everyone else's view because then you would see what we see, an amazing, focused, determined, strong, patient, beautiful Mummy. Aaron is one lucky boy and he is a credit to you. It is so apparent in every picture I see of him what a happy, contented and loved boy he is and that is solely down to you being as wonderful as you are hun.

Please look at the positives and not the negatives. Chin up and here's a hug :hug: xxx

tapatalkin

^^^wss!! Couldn't have put it better.

To express for that long is such a wonderful achievement.

Most folk who bf for that long do it out of convenience - I know I did -( the thought of having to be organised with bottles etc totally put me off any ideas of weaning)

You really have taken the commitment to giving Aaron the best possible start, to a whole new level, and I know you don't like to hear it - but you really are an inspiration. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Thanks girls, I know I shouldn't dwell on it. I still get really jealous of those that bf.

Plus I think now my body is going back to normal I think it's all over - maybe my hormones are all over the place lol!

I never dreamed I would make it to a year, so I'm grateful that I was able to

A combination of a good supply, a good baby, a supportive family and a really strong stubborn gene got me through it.

I think you just get to a point when expressing that it just becomes part of life! I was still expressing through the night at 6 months because I was too scared to stop lol.

My boobs are shrinking, and I'm hoeing signs (hopefully) of AF being on the way - I think it's the reality of it all being over.

I think back to when he was 5 months and he latched for a few days and it was honestly magical and and experience I will never forget.

Tapatalking!

I think you are somethiing of a legend here on PF. Its amazing how determined and successful you have been. I'm sure you have inspired other women not to give up too.

You know how's maxing I think you are!

I hated expressing but like you did it because I had DH support and I am stubborn.

Big love and respect, I have anxieties about feeding this next LO and my BFing counsellor is going to work through my issues with me. Xx

I think youve done amazing expressing all this time hun!

Try not to let it upset you that he didnt latch. Your sill be able to give him the best!!

Im so gutted i gave up on day 5 due to mastitis and it kills me everyday that i wasnt strong enough to carry on.
I think uve done fab! And the fact u still have all that milk frozen for him :)

U really are an inspiration hun!!

And like u said u can always try again or baby no2 xxxxxx

Hun, i can only echo what other have said. You have done amazingly well giving Aaron the best. Not many can have such a dedication.
As you know, i had supply issues with my first but still went until 14 months. This time with the help.of drugs i did it, i EBF despite pain, being chained to.the sofa and having a toddler and 2 rounds of mastitis.
I inderstand how you feel though, i was really determined to BF.
My point is, i am sure you can do it, this time the latch issue was out of your control.
But you sound a bit like me and i am a stubborn b!tch lol and you will have your experience, i am sure.
P.S: I dont know when i will wean, will probably BF until he goes to uni, dont want him to grow up

I am rambling now
Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Nawwww Tweety, what you've achieved is epic and not many people have the staying power to do it. You've given A an amazing start.

I do kinda relate to what you're saying because due to medical reasons and having to take certain medication O had no choice but to stop BF with J after 2 1/2 weeks. I was gutted. I have to admit I'm looking forward to this new LO arriving so I get a second shot that hopefully won't get screwed up. xxx

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Hi hun, havent had a chance to speak to you yet on PF, but just read a little of your journal and just wanted to say I think you are such an amazing mummy!!! Well done hun xx

You've inspired so many people on here and in rl I bet. Don't ever put yourself down. You've clearly done the absolute best you possibly could in the given situation and Aaron couldn't have a better mummy xxxx

Wow, expressing for a whole year is amazing! I breast fed my dd and hated expressing so I just wanted to echo what everyone else has said. Very well done to you and your lo is very lucky to have such a dedicated mummy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back