Short periods

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by M1chelle, Apr 28, 2016.

1. M1chelle

M1chelle Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, I'm just finishing my second period of the month and am heading into month seven TTC now. I was just wondering whether anyone has any experience similar to mine or advice.

For the last four months my periods have generally only been two days long with the exception of last month which was three but then it was back to two again this time. I've always had periods of 4-5 days in the past when I was on the pill and the first few months after coming off it. There haven't been any significant changes to my diet, exercise etc.

Does anyone know if this a sign of anything unusual?

2. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

Sorry double post

#2 BunnyN, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  3. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

I have short periods and never had a problem getting pregnant but it can be a sign of a hormonal imbalance. I also remember something about some women with short periods not having a thick enough lining for the egg to stick. Periods on the pill are not real periods so it would make sense that your real periods could be different but it sounds like this is a bit more recent. My periods were fairly heavy and long when I was younger and gradually got shorter and lighter over the years.

4. M1chelle

Thanks BunnyN. Perhaps I'll get a check up from the doctor. Expect they'll fob me off though!

5. scn

scn Well-Known Member

My periods have always been light since coming off the pill. 2-3 days max and only go though about 3 light tampons on day 2 with days 1 and 3 only needing a liner. I had short cycles too ..... 24 days average xx

6. M1chelle

Thank you. We should think ourselves lucky eh!!

7. milkybar

milkybar Well-Known Member

Just to say i'm also in the short period camp! Since coming off the pill, where like you the 'periods' would be 4-5 days whilst on pill, they've all only lasted 2 days. I thought it strange, but nice to hear it's not too unusual

8. M1chelle

Yes it's good to hear!