Short periods

M1chelle

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm just finishing my second period of the month and am heading into month seven TTC now. I was just wondering whether anyone has any experience similar to mine or advice.

For the last four months my periods have generally only been two days long with the exception of last month which was three but then it was back to two again this time. I've always had periods of 4-5 days in the past when I was on the pill and the first few months after coming off it. There haven't been any significant changes to my diet, exercise etc.

Does anyone know if this a sign of anything unusual?

Sorry double post

Last edited:
I have short periods and never had a problem getting pregnant but it can be a sign of a hormonal imbalance. I also remember something about some women with short periods not having a thick enough lining for the egg to stick. Periods on the pill are not real periods so it would make sense that your real periods could be different but it sounds like this is a bit more recent. My periods were fairly heavy and long when I was younger and gradually got shorter and lighter over the years.

I have short periods and never had a problem getting pregnant but it can be a sign of a hormonal imbalance. I also remember something about some women with short periods not having a thick enough lining for the egg to stick. Periods on the pill are not real periods so it would make sense that your real periods could be different but it sounds like this is a bit more recent. My periods were fairly heavy and long when I was younger and gradually got shorter and lighter over the years.

Thanks BunnyN. Perhaps I'll get a check up from the doctor. Expect they'll fob me off though!

My periods have always been light since coming off the pill. 2-3 days max and only go though about 3 light tampons on day 2 with days 1 and 3 only needing a liner. I had short cycles too ..... 24 days average xx

My periods have always been light since coming off the pill. 2-3 days max and only go though about 3 light tampons on day 2 with days 1 and 3 only needing a liner. I had short cycles too ..... 24 days average xx

Thank you. We should think ourselves lucky eh!!

Just to say i'm also in the short period camp! Since coming off the pill, where like you the 'periods' would be 4-5 days whilst on pill, they've all only lasted 2 days. I thought it strange, but nice to hear it's not too unusual

Just to say i'm also in the short period camp! Since coming off the pill, where like you the 'periods' would be 4-5 days whilst on pill, they've all only lasted 2 days. I thought it strange, but nice to hear it's not too unusual

Yes it's good to hear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back