Short luteal phase

Tillyfloss

Reaction score
Sorry gutted! Think af is on its bloody way! In which case this will be my 2nd short luteal phase last cycle my af arrived on 10 dpo after we had sex and it's 9dpo today and had a bit a blood in cm, cm has changed from yday as well, we had sex earlier as well, it's cycle day 32as well, I head hoped we were in for a better chance than last time!
My cervix also is more open than past few days so pretty sure af will Beach here tomorrow!
Gutted

Any way of getting a longer luteal phase?

Last edited:
You need to take B6 100 mg and equal dose B12. But take these right after ovulation. 1 dpo. X

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

You need to take B6 100 mg and equal dose B12. But take these right after ovulation. 1 dpo. X

Wow OK thanks where do I get them from? At least from 1 dpo gives me time to buy some as different ovulate until cd23 this cycle!
Thanks

Remember that spotting doesn't count as period starting so once you get to cd1 then you know luteal phase length. I found b vits made my spotting worse. Agnus castus made huge difference though. When you have a short luteal phase, it can be to do with issues at start of cycle in the follicular phase so can be good to take something to help that. Like I said though, you may not even have an issue as spotting isn't considered period. Spotting is annoying though xx

Last edited:
I have pcos and long cycles I've had no more bloody cm since so fingers crossed it stays that way.... I guess will c what tomorrow brings what's " normal " lp 12-14?

I got mine from Holland and Barrett. You will also need to take folic acid. Pregnacare vitamins do make lp longer according to reviews. Its worth trying them x
Normal lp is 11+ days x

Try not to worry too much, I conceived with a LP of 10 days in 2013. I was though on my second month of Angus castus (vitex) and vitamin B6 supplements so they maybe worth a try :hugs:

Last edited:
I have pcos and b vits also made my spotting worse. Lisey is right, although agnus castus didn't help me personally.

What I've found helped (and I've had a LOT of spotting) is maca root tablets, cinnamon and chromium tablets and myo-inositol. You can get them from Amazon or from Holland and Barrett. Message me if you want any more help, I know what you're going through. Xx

I've only been tracking my cycles for a few months but have been ovulating about CD17 giving me a luteal phase of 10-11 days.. This cycle I'm taking Vitex (Angus Castus) and B6 as well as my prenatal/multivits - I had a positive opk this morning CD14 may just be coincidence but i'm hoping they've helped to regulate things! Time will tell : ) Good luck xx

Thanks everyone currently on cd11 and no more spotting / blood since so already my lp is longer than last cycle, will keep you posted and definitely be asking for information when / if af arrives

I've only been tracking my cycles for a few months but have been ovulating about CD17 giving me a luteal phase of 10-11 days.. This cycle I'm taking Vitex (Angus Castus) and B6 as well as my prenatal/multivits - I had a positive opk this morning CD14 may just be coincidence but i'm hoping they've helped to regulate things! Time will tell : ) Good luck xx

How much agnus castus do you take? I bought some today as I'm also worried that my lp is too short. I got them from holland and barrett but they're only 4mg per tablet which seems pretty low!

The agnus castus I took is 1000mg, you will need to buy from amazon or ebay probably xx

How much agnus castus do you take? I bought some today as I'm also worried that my lp is too short. I got them from holland and barrett but they're only 4mg per tablet which seems pretty low!

Yes, the one I took was also 1000mg, it says 1-2 tablets a day but I only took one first thing in the morning on an empty stomach - I've only taken up until Ovulation once I'd confirmed O I had half a tablet then a quarter of a tablet so I didn't just suddenly stop. I also take 50mg of B6 and the equivalent amount of B12... I'm 2DPO so time will tell whether its made any difference to my LP! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back