Short luteal phase questions

JoD

Reaction score
Hi ladies, my luteal phase is either 10 or 11 days. I know there are issues if it's too short but if that's the case does it stop you from becoming pg? Or can mc result from this?

I've had 2nd mc now and wondering if my body just doesn't have adequate time to prepare for a baby?

Or as I can get pg pretty easily does this mean it's not an issue? x x

I'd speak to your Dr hun - if you click on my ticker it even says there that a short luteal phase can be a factor in M/c... :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

Copied from my ticker:
  1. A short luteal phase lasts less than 11 days may be associated with a luteal phase defect. (LPD) If you conceive and you have a luteal phase defect, you will have an early miscarriage. Luteal phase defect can be easily corrected, for example with vitamin B6, progesterone cream and/or Clomid (increases progesterone through enhancing follicular development), depending on the cause.
Don't start self medicating or anything but take this info to your GP and see what they say

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hi JoD,
Just wanted to share my experience...

My LP is 11 days and I am nearly 12 weeks pregnant. So it didn't effect me so far!

Hope all goes well with you xx

Hi JoD,
Just wanted to share my experience...

My LP is 11 days and I am nearly 12 weeks pregnant. So it didn't effect me so far!

Hope all goes well with you xx

I am pretty sure most women with a short LP are fine but as Jo has already had 2 m/c's I reckon she should point this out to her GP

xxxxxxxxxx

ask for a 21day blood test. despite the name thogh - it needs done on 7dpo whihc may or may not be day21. good luck.

Thank you ladies, mouse great news! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy x

Right the plan is to make another appt at Drs. They basically told me last week that they will look into nothing until it happens again! We shall see.

Since then I have emailed a private clinic, received a reply stating they will forward email to consultant and he will get back to me... nothing yet.

Contacted an acupuncturist... at least she didn't see a desperate woman and £££s. She suggested I go for tests 1st as I easily fall pg and if I get nowhere then she would be willing to help.

So.. I am going to make dr appt and state that I will pay for the tests, surely they can't refuse me a blood test?

Itisbabytime I know your clued up on temping, if I start from now and back up with opks I should get an idea of ov? Even though not start of cycle?

Lastly does anyone know about the blood clotting problem? Is that an auto immune problem? I have coeliac disease and although treated by diet only its classed as an auto immune disease, so thinking I should look into tests for that?

Sorry for the long post, tbh I'm at my wits end and loosing faith in my body to do it's job properly! X

sorry i never replied to this! i would start at the beginingg of next cycle if you want to start charting. once you are familiar with it you can get away with temping on less days, ie now I start about day7. try tcoyf or fertility friend and get yourself clued up on everything. it seems liek a lot of work but only the reading at the start can be, afte that it is literally a few mins out of your day and it can tell you so much about your body. without it i wouldnt have known i had a LP issue before getting bloods done by my gp.

Hey hun I've read that vit b6 can help lenghten ur LP, if you google short LP and vit b6 a thread from babyandbump forum should come up, I read through how it has helped lenghten ladies luthel phase, I took it in nov as I was havin 12LP but was spotting before for 4-5 days, it reduced my spotting to 2 days.

I'm taking the vit b50 complex this cycle see if this does anything for me, I will keep u update if you are unsure about taking vits xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back