Short haul holiday recommendations?

lisey

Reaction score
Ok, so me and the OH are planning on going away end of august for 4 nights. We only want to fly 3 hours max really to benefit from the time we have. Poss 4 hours if really nice place. Its driving me mad trying to decide where to go, any recommendations are appreciated. We are not party people so doesn't have to be a lively place, we want something relaxing with the option of a few holiday cocktails if we feel like it. :) x

Last edited:
Do you fancy a city break? Or somewhere to chill?

I love Rome (very warm in Aug though) and Barcelona (same weatherwise)

Marrakesh is meant to be amazing?

Paris??

We went to Lanzarote a few years ago, it was a cheap deal and we were both dreading what we'd end up with. We went to a quiet little resort 'Playa Blanca' and ended up in a hotel but with our own villa overlooking the Atlantic... It was amaze-balls... I was very happily surprised!

Portugal?

xxxxx

We are looking for a beach holiday, want to laze around and do nothing for a few days. I will look at that area of lanzarote, that's half the mission, deciding which area to go to. Have looked at Portugal, again, so many different areas that I get stressed out looking x

I have just booked a week in Playa Blanca Lanzarote. I also wanted somewhere quiet to laze around. We got a lovely looking place through Voyage Prive & booked our flights separately. I think it sounds perfect for what you are after Lisey except maybe the flight time? Though I think it would be worth it xxx

I looked at playa blanca and it looks lovely. Maybe we will go for 5 nights instead. I just feel guilty leaving my son. We are taking him away beforehand though. We can't take him abroad because of his autism, he would not cope with the plane and airport experience etc. x

How about Puerto Rico-Gran Canaria? It take 4 and a half hours but its such a beautiful place. I went there in 2010 and 2012 in September both times and the weather was in the 30s. Sol y paz is the apartments we stayed in. I loved it because the apartments are run by a british woman and all other holiday makers that stay there are british x

we're going to puerto rick this year but for two weeks - it's a long way for just a couple of days (i think, anyway!).
Corfu is beautiful - but hot! can't reccommend it enough though. Being able to see mountains on the other side of the sea whilst sitting on the beach is just amazing. x

Menorca about 1hr 30 min flight stunning beaches beautiful scenery, amazing food and resturants x

Thanks for the ideas ladies, I have been looking at menorca actually, what area of menorca do you recommend? x

Thanks for the ideas ladies, I have been looking at menorca actually, what area of menorca do you recommend? x

Punta Prima is really nice. I went their a couple of years ago. It's perfect for families or couples.

I mainly go longhul fights but I did like Cyprus, Rhodes, Grease an the Canerie Islands. Only places I don't recommend is Turkey, it's a lovely place but the men just will NOT leave you alone, even if you're with your partner and majorca, it's just horrible, I've been to different areas, it's dirty, the food is bad and it's mostly teenagers everywhere passed out drunk.

The absolute best thing is a meditrainian cruise, in some cases no flying involved, get on the ship in southampton and wake up in a new place every day for 2 weeks. Once you go on a cruise your addicted for life!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back