tens machine hire
old nightdress and big knickers
bikini top for waterbirth
nipple cream
min fan for me
dummies
baby nail kit
outfits for moo moo

nothing like a bit of pressure have no idea where to start!!!!

Ok how's about people who want I but u gifts u pick something off the list for them to pick up?

eBay, gumtree are good too if your trying to save money look at what u want then find it cheaper elsewhere

also prioritise- go through your list and mark order of priority
would a baby monitor be more important purchase than a bikini top - probobaly

Then try and get things in the order you set :)

it might help?

I bought a tens machine for a tenner from eBay, might be cheaper than hiring?

I Defo agree with prioritising. And look online, that way you save the aching feet! :) x

Can highly recoomend www.kiddicare.com for a few of those things! Prices are always good - and they do next day delivery too.

We got a brilliant nursing chair - so comfy and we got it half price!

Definitely worth a look :) xx

Hired my tens from birth matters has been a very prompt service also biught rlt off there so it came at same time nighty and knickers primark or Asda just get cheap stuff. I bought pack of 5black knickers and two button top nightys. In terms of stuff like baby nail scissors pound shop does them even or wilko also the changing mats can be bought cheap in Tesco or if you want something prettier but around ten pound pop into babys r us. That said eBay is brill to get loads of stuff cheap type baby clothes bundles etc you will soon see what I mean!!..and remember it's likely friends and family will ask what you need or want suggest things to them also talk to people you know who have had babies around 6months to a yr or 2 ago as they often say oh iv got a bla bla bla you can have when you discuss things. Same with going to car boots loads of baby stuff there and as long as you can clean it or wash it and don't mind second hand brilliant bargains.

Nursing chair I'm not buying a special one we are using our Ikea chair we had downstairs before

I second Kiddicare. I ordered my Moses basket from them on a Sunday. It was half price and arrived on Tuesday morning. Check places like Tesco as they have baby events and often have reductions of things in 3 for 2. I got loads of my blankets and sheets from Tesco. They were slightly cheaper than other places and they had the 3 for 2 offer on. Some things like nipple cream, dummies and baby nail kit will be in your local supermarket, so just have a little look when you go for your next shop.

Alot of this hun u can get cheap!!

How bigs the crib? isit a normal on or odd sized? I got cot flat sheets in asda for his crib cos its like smaller than a cot but bigger than a crib!? lol. £8 for 2 sheets..

Bouncer theres LOADS on sale atm in loads of shops.

baby monitor again check online for sales!
sleeping bag - 1 tog - asda has a sale on atm and i picked one up from there for £4 the other day!

baby massage oil - johnsons £1

clary sage oil for me - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clary-Sage-...qid=1373462355&sr=8-1&keywords=clary+sage+oil this is what i bought, smells minging and didnt work for me mind lol.. but cheaper than Holland and Barratt.

tens machine hire - mothercare and boots do this for about £30 i think x

old nightdress and big knickers - got mine from asda and primark few quid for packs of 5!

nipple cream http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kamillosan-...8&qid=1373462430&sr=1-7&keywords=nipple+cream my mum got this for me, she used it on us as babies and swears by it, ive tried it out as im sore already and it feels so soothing.

dummies - my mum got me the newborn tommie tippie ones x

outfits for moo moo - check sales :) they got some lush bits atm! im so tempted but noah is sorted for clothes lol! xx

Try car boots also I had a swinging chair for £2 a bath for £1 and top and tail bowl for 50p

Aren't you due around the same time as me?!

Get the tens hire sorted first!!! I've bought mine.

If you find a mini fan in a shop, let me know. I want one now! But haven't found one anywhere.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

How are you doing? Was Mothercare any success? xx

Don't know if you have one near you but I got mini fans from b and m? Only 2 for £1.50 :) xx

Don't know if you have one near you but I got mini fans from b and m? Only 2 for £1.50 :) xx

ohh 5mins from my house! My mum has one for me for the hosp but id love one to just walk around with at home lol.
Getting one tomorrow!! x

:-( no b&m here. I tried Tesco, Sainsbury and poundland. I wonder if any petrol stations have got them. You would have thought most shops would have them at the tills trying to make a quick buck in this heat.

----------------

Our B&M doesn't sell them! OH looked for one for me. Gutted. xx

Argos got sale on some baby stuff at the moment. I got my moniters at the weekend for half price..x

Check for baby sales near you, I went to one on Sunday and got £180 worth of stuff for £20! Including a second Moses basket which is a mamas and papas one, a brand new sling which is £40 in mothercare, a nappy bin, a tommee tippee bottle warmer and a few more things. They had tons of other stuff too xx

:-( no b&m here. I tried Tesco, Sainsbury and poundland. I wonder if any petrol stations have got them. You would have thought most shops would have them at the tills trying to make a quick buck in this heat.

----------------

I also tried all the supermarkets and nothing - then i got one from the morrisons petrol station for £2 :) it's quite a powerful one too - they also have them in halfords when I happened to be there the other day but I switched it on and it was rubbish... would of got a more powerful breeze from my hand! Xx

HI girls thanks SO MUCH for your replies it Really really helps; well mothercare etc was quite successful yesterday but am so tired and need to rest so its online today:
have updated my purchases and have a few questions below:

Flat sheets for crib- got 4 flat sheets in mothercare sale for £10 reduced from £20 there beige not pink but who cares

baby monitor - still unsure what one to get any reccomendations - we were going to get the one that goes under matress?

sleeping bag - 1 tog - am i right that they can use these from 7.5lb - they had them in mothercare but expensive thanks Dani going to look online at Asda

baby bouncer chair - do u reccomend any or would u get a swing instead?

curtains for nursery - got these from Paul Simon well chuffed £80 pink polka dot blackout with rail.

nursing chair - just waiting for furniture to go in room to see how much room we have left but looking at Kiddicare

changing mat - i hav a cheap one from Aldi for downstairs but typically our mamas and papas changing table will only fit mama and papa chnaging mat , cheeky or what

sheepskin pram liner - expensive buy of £50 has anyone else got one? have just got so many friends who rave about this

baby massage oil - thanks Dani ill order today

talc in cream format - sure adsa do this

clary sage oil for me - will check your link - my nct lady said u had to get someone to make it up for you??

tens machine hire - will check Birth Matters and know tesco hire these too. Giz yes this is my prority

old nightdress and big knickers - off to Primark tomorrow - what size knickers do i get if I am normally a 12?

bikini top for waterbirth - wil get cheap top from Primark

nipple cream - i was reccomended Lansinoh??

min fan for me - am i looking for hand held battery one ?

dummies - will check Asda for these

baby nail kit - mmm brought grooming kit from mothercare £6. bit pricey eh?

outfits for moo moo - ok so still confused but went to Choice who sell cheap Next clothes and got:
2x new born to 7.5lb
2x 0-3 months
1x 3-6 months
all these for £11.00 and there so cute.
but with this hot weather will she wear them, i now need short sleeve vests?

why am i struggling so much with clothes situation? surely we can go out once she arrives and buy stuff.

nobody has asked what we want for baby other than mum and MIL who both gave us a lot of money which we have brought all bit bits with

i am having a baby shower lunch but not sent out list to anyone.

a friend who just had little boy is giving us lots of white all in ones and a baby bath so thats good.

so mamas and papas order was due 7-10.30 today and still not here!!!! xx

HI girls thanks SO MUCH for your replies it Really really helps; well mothercare etc was quite successful yesterday but am so tired and need to rest so its online today:

Flat sheets for crib- got 4 flat sheets in mothercare sale for £10 reduced from £20 there beige not pink but who cares

baby monitor - still unsure what one to get any reccomendations - we were going to get the one that goes under matress?

sleeping bag - 1 tog - am i right that they can use these from 7.5lb - they had them in mothercare but expensive thanks Dani going to look online at Asda

curtains for nursery - got these from Paul Simon well chuffed £80 pink polka dot blackout with rail.

nursing chair - just waiting for furniture to go in room to see how much room we have left but looking at Kiddicare

changing mat - i hav a cheap one from Aldi for downstairs but typically our mamas and papas changing table will only fit mama and papa chnaging mat , cheeky or what

sheepskin pram liner - expensive buy of £50 has anyone else got one? have just got so many friends who rave about this

clary sage oil for me - will check your link - my nct lady said u had to get someone to make it up for you??

tens machine hire - will check Birth Matters and know tesco hire these too. Giz yes this is my prority

old nightdress and big knickers - off to Primark tomorrow - what size knickers do i get if I am normally a 12?

outfits for moo moo - ok so still confused but went to Choice who sell cheap Next clothes and got:
2x new born to 7.5lb
2x 0-3 months
1x 3-6 months

why am i struggling so much with clothes situation? surely we can go out once she arrives and buy stuff.

nobody has asked what we want for baby other than mum and MIL who both gave us a lot of money which we have brought all bit bits with

a friend who just had little boy is giving us lots of white all in ones and a baby bath so thats good.

im so dopey it wasnt birth matters was birth ease i hired from sorry here is the link anyway for the tens i got ....http://www.birthease.co.uk/birthease_shop/Elle-TENs-Machine-Hire.shtml

monitor wise we looked at which reports and what freinds had and settled on this one
Motorola MBP36 Digital Video Baby Monitor cuz it has anice big screen i decided the mat would freak me out if alarm went off and be too much worry also might make baby to hot having it as an extra layer? we got it during argos baby sale and with the emmas diary vouchers so it was cheaper around 70 pounds i think in the end.

2x new born to 7.5lb
2x 0-3 months
1x 3-6 months

Hi hun, im still working my way through my list. i got hosp nighties for £4 in primark, will do job for labour. They are cotton with a button down front to below bust so good for bf & skin to skin. im size 12 so picked up couple packs of 14-16 full briefs pants. they fit nice on bump at moment, so hoping they will be big enough & comfy with a mat pad in. plus been told the high waist line is good for c-sec.

Ur doing well, online shopping is soooo handy. Im currently waiting on a mothercare delivery, hate the way it just says delivery between 7.30am-5.30pm, have stuff to do...cant be sitting in all day!!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back