Shopping in a big way!

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
We are really getting into it now!

We went out yesterday and got some nice bits in John Lewis and tonight we are going to go mad in the aisles at tesco and mothercare!

I finally got the DH to see sense on saturday morning. I basically said something along the lines of:- This is a joint marriage and it is not up to you when we make decisions to buy things. You may not really believe that he is coming but I bloody do! and the stress of not being able to buy things can't be good for me ....etc...etc

It worked!

OK on sunday we only bought 2 cat safety nets, some towells, sponges and some frames for our wedding pictures, but it was a start. Major spree tonight though. We are doing our big mothercare world and tesco shopping tonight, and I'll let you know what we bought tomorrow!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I was so excited about it last night I couldn't sleep! :D

Awww hunnie I'm so pleased you can finally go shopping!!! I am so jealous! Shame you had to have a moan - but well done for setting him straight.

Have a good time and I hope you buy loads of nice stuff. Let us know what you got! :D

good for you Sarah!!

im glad you get to go shopping at last :D

Im off shopping in mothercare too, spending the vouchers we got for wedding pressies, we should compare notes when we both get back, hehe :D

xx

I am hoping to get as much as possible in Tesco to be honest. Babygrows are half the price they are in mothercare. I saw some disney babygrows in mothercare for £14 but they were £7 in Tesco!

I am hoping that they have quite a few bits like grooming sets etc in with the baby food department. Fingers crossed.

My local tesco has everything. I am also going to pick up one of their value fleeces for myself to keep warm in.

Quite looking forward to the trip actually. I am wierd! :lol:

You're not wierd - shopping for baby stuff is exciting!! I'm going to have to do mine nline, wait till nearer my due date when I will be allowed out a bit more safely, or send OH (not a good idea!!).

I love Tesco too for their stuff - we have a massive 2 floor Tesco just opened up not far from where we live - hoping to get to go there soon!! :D

Tesco's are great for clothes, they have some stunning stuff and for bargins!

I have all the clothes i need so tonight im shopping for a mattress for the cot, bedding for the cot, mobile for the cot, monitors, maybe a bouncey chair, not sure on that coz i have one given to me.

Sarah I am so glad you are finally able to get all baby's things, you must be really chuffed now. I know what you mean about being really excited, I have nearly got everything I need now and I have been really excited and unable to sleep each time I have been about to go shopping!!

You'll find he gets addicted to it now :lol: My dh has bought so many clothes she'll have something different to wear from the day she's born up to 12 months!

The only thing I can get my OH interested in is pushchairs. He's well keen to get one with big wheels and squizzy brakes and I don't know what else. He doesn't seem that bothered that I'm the one who's going to be pushing the damn thing ;o)

Tesco DO have baby grooming sets, i got a lovely little one for €8.99 with a nail scissors, a brush and comb, a toothbrush and a clippers, all in a wee case. They also have sunscreens for the car window and all sorts of bottles/teats/pacifiers/toys...

I LOVE the Winnie the Pooh sleeping suits - got three there for €15.

Mothercare for the unisex bibs, though... :D we're going to be guessing right up to the last minute, I think!

Sue

I didn't see winnie the pooh sleeping bags in tesco :cry: must try harder!

Did see a very nice fleecy soft toy, but the DH said that other people will buy that sort of thing. So I am going to go back there and buy it when he is not looking! :wink:

My biggest disappointment was that mothercare world shut at 7pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: . We got there at 6:40pm so we couldn't look properly and I felt really rushed. We only managed to get a bath thermometer a grooming kit and 4 fitted cotbed sheets. Luckily we had a couple of 10% discount vouchers through the post yesterday so we got a bit of discount to make up for the rush.

In tesco we got lots of baby grows, the cutest hat you have ever seen for £2.50, some socks and sleepsuits. Also a value fleece for me in the biggest size I could find for £4 and some cosmetic bits like cotton wool.

The biggest surprise was that the DH gor really into sterlisers all of a sudden :?: and in the space of about five minutes he had them all figured out! :lol: I am pretty clueless about bottles and stuff so I left it for him to work out while I looked at the Disney nursery stuff. 8)

I really feel like we have made a start now :D and we didn't argue once!

its lovely isnt it, its the baby jungle stuff in mothercare

Hello im glad you finally get to shop, and guys dont realize how little time we actually have left, and the fact baby can come earlier.
layla i love your sheets, there adorable,
I wish i can post mine but dont have the proper camera to do that, i might see if a friend can do it for me, but to have an idea the nursey is all whinnie the pooh, since i love it so much!
Well i hope you all get what you wanted.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back