Shoe size = pelvis size= easy labour?

redbear

Reaction score
On QI (i think) they said the size of your feet is relative to your pevlis size, similar as the length of your arm is the same as your foot size. Anyway im a shoe size 10 and had two very easy quick labours. 1st 8lb 15oz in under two hour 2nd 8lb 6oz 5 hour but only three minutes from waters breaking.
2nd baby had wet lung due to my pelvis not sqeezing the water from her lungs enough, so this makes me think is it true and i have a larger than normal gap explaining the easy labours with little pain?

Anyone else have something similar?

If its true it makes all the bullying worth it! x

Last edited:
Can't comment on this, but if this is right, feel sorry for my missus, she's a size 3. It's gonna be a nightmare xD be like pushing a melon through a polo

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

First time ever I've been glad to be a size 7 lol, hope this is true!

Xx

ooh i have a friend whos a size 9 and she has had two really easy home biths so could well be something in it.

As for me Im a size 5!! x

I'm a size 6 shoe with a very large pelvis/hips and had a 48 hr labour so doesn't work for me I'm afraid!
Xxx

Can't comment on this, but if this is right, feel sorry for my missus, she's a size 3. It's gonna be a nightmare xD be like pushing a melon through a polo

LOL!! That is possibly the best analogy I have ever heard! Love it!

I am a size 5 and had two good labours x

I'm a size 7. My first baby was born breech and I had about 9 hours from waters breaking to birth, but 2.5 weeks early, weighing 6lb 6oz. My second labour was only about 4 hours and bubba weighed 8lbs. Think I might need to get my skates on this time round! xxx

I really hope not for her sake! x

Well im a size 8!

My mums also a size 8 and only had 1 good birth out of 4 lmao!
All long labours, and we were all massive!
Lil brother was 11lb 3or5 n got stuck n she had an emergency c.-section.
Sister was the easiest n she almost had her on the toilet lmao!

I hope its kinda true cos i really think noahs guna b a chunk! Xx

My mil's midwife told her this when she was pregnant with my husband! I'm a size 9 and wanted to see if it was true. I didn't go into labour in the end so can't comment.
However they did try and break my waters which was excruciating! So not so sure if its true.

Size 4, horrifically long labour, long delivery as well (I was pushing for almost 2 hours) but I got him out in the end and didn't have a single tear / graze or need any medical care in that area. In-fact my minnie was the only thing that didn't hurt after labour???

xxxxxxx

I'm a 4/5 and had a 9lb12-er naturally in 23hours and then an 8lb3 in minutes on the loo :lol: I was always told growing up I had childbearing hips, but tbh I think I just held a lot of chub round them :lol: so for me, shoe size and pelvis didn't really follow I dont think! Although my foot is a perfect fit for my forearm :lol:

I hate babybrain I read the first post and nearly choked I now realised you were talking about your first baby but I read it wrong and thought your baby was 1 stone 8lbs and 15 oz oooooops, im a size 5 does that mean I can expect trouble lol

Oh Im a size 3/4 depending on type of shoe!! Hope this isnt true!!!! LOL

Maybe it really is just luck - but labour really didnt hurt, husband said i barley winced lmao and the three minutes from dialation made me this she must have flew through the pelvis bit? Maybe i was just lucky. x

hmmm, not sure I am a size 8 and had a 7lb11oz boy and tore after a rushed delivery........but then went on to have a 9lb girl completely natural with no pain relief at all!

but.....I used to work with a lady who was very petite 5 foot tall with size 3 feet and she had 3 girls all between 10lb-10.5lb - completely naturally with no problems!!!!!!!!!

I hate babybrain I read the first post and nearly choked I now realised you were talking about your first baby but I read it wrong and thought your baby was 1 stone 8lbs and 15 oz oooooops, im a size 5 does that mean I can expect trouble lol

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: glad it wasnt just me!

I'm a size 6. Ill comment when he arrives lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back