Shocked at this news report

MissSara

Reaction score
I was reading the bbc news website and came across this
story.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7170502.stm

I was shocked and totally amazed how the system could let this woman and her poor family go home after her husbands death and then expect her and the kids to clean up the blood bath that was left, how is this right, surely the police could have got some company in to clean it up.

You watch " life of grime " and these people manage to get their house cleaned free of charge due to there own fault of letting it get in that state.

I really feel for this woman and her poor family, its a terrible loss which just got worse for her.

:shock: I would have assumed the police would arrange for it to be cleaned up.
I think on life of grime it's a lot of council properties that are shown so the responsibility falls onto the council as landlords

well thats life. Someone has to clean it up.
My mums friends son shot himself in the head a few years back and the whole room was splattered with blood and body matter and they had to scrub all that off the walls themselves.
its not nice but has to be done.

budge said:
My mums friends son shot himself in the head a few years back and the whole room was splattered with blood and body matter and they had to scrub all that off the walls themselves.

That's just a heartless thing to say. That family should not have had to scrub their murdered fathers blood off the walls, your mums friend shouldn't have had too either. No family should have to do that its disgusting. It may not be a legal requirement for the police to clean the scene but it bloody well should be a moral requirement. I know for a fact that the police force in my county back home clean all crime scenes where human blood is involved, every police force in the country should make sure its done too.
Frankly im appalled that anyone thinks that its acceptable for families to have to clean up after a murder.

:shock: Budge you have very strange views on things, sometimes it seems as though you say stuff just so you get a reaction. :?

It's totally wrong, if the trauma of losing a loved one to murder isn't bad enough imagine having to do that. It's really sad, tax payers money goes on giving these murderers cushy cells but doesn't help the family. :?

i didn't mean to sound heartless. It isn't nice to have to do it but unfortunately thats he way it is. It doesn't make it right. I remember my mums friend being totally shocked and devastated at having to get the walls cleaned herself :(
i think you read my post the wrong way.

I know what your saying about 'thats the way it is' but I think the point is that shouldn't be the way it is. It's awful to think that thse poor families have to do this. I didn't even know this type of thing happened, I just assumed common sense would prevail in this type of situation but obviously not. :(

Sweetcheeks24 said:
I know what your saying about 'thats the way it is' but I think the point is that shouldn't be the way it is. It's awful to think that thse poor families have to do this. I didn't even know this type of thing happened, I just assumed common sense would prevail in this type of situation but obviously not. :(

well thats what its like in our society. The victims lose out all the time. Its sad but true. :(

:shock: omg that is disgusting, to think its happening in our own country, That poor family, that poor lady! You cannot begin to think how it has left her emotionally!

Budge...why so negative all the time? :roll:

I can only imagine how gut-wrenching it must be to have to do that. If you followed the link to the full story it describes it in great detail, including how it made the family feel.

It should be something thats taken care of, absolutely, its disgusting that its not always done and something I assumed would be!

glitzyglamgirl said:

quote]

well maybe its coz its a negative news report. How can you be positive about something like that :? . It just takes your breath. :(

budge said:
glitzyglamgirl said:

well maybe its coz its a negative news report. How can you be positive about something like that :? . It just takes your breath. :(

That's not what I meant and you know it. Comments such as "thats just the way it is" and "that's what societies like" etc, are just the kind of apathetic views that mean nothing ever changes.

Nice u-turn by the way :wink:

glitzyglamgirl said:
budge said:
glitzyglamgirl said:

That's not what I meant and you know it. Comments such as "thats just the way it is" and "that's what societies like" etc, are just the kind of apathetic views that mean nothing ever changes.

What ''U turn''?
are you saying i have no sympathy with people who have to do that sort of thing after an event like that GGG? You must think im heartless then.

budge said:
glitzyglamgirl said:

What ''U turn''?
are you saying i have no sympathy with people who have to do that sort of thing after an event like that GGG? You must think im heartless then.

Well going by your original post;

budge said:

That's how it came across yes. You then realised and backtracked, which is the u-turn I refer to.

oh i see. Well i became aware from other members post that my post could be interpreted wrong.
ir wasn't so much a u turn

that story has made me feel sick. i read about something similar a few months ago but i thought it was a one off.

i cant believe that can happen. i dont think i would be able to bring myself to do it. its stomach churning and upsetting.

poor families that have to go through that. there is no compensation for the psychological effects that could cause, it could really push an already devastated person over the edge.

i honestly feel ill :puke: theres something seriously wrong about such a loophole existing in 21st century britain

i can hardly belive it, thats so terrible. Especially when people are hardly in a position mentally to question or protest.

The thing that really sickens me tho, is that the murderer would not be allowed to sit in a police cell full of blood etc, the taxpayer would be made to pay someone to clean it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back